Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Persistent GR1 error with Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Rahvin

Hello everyone,

I hoping to find some help with a persistent problem trying to start Super Mario Sunshine on the latest build of Dolphin (r7671) under Windows XP 32-bit. When I try load this game, I get a "GR 1" error that will not go away, and I have to force close the program. For comparison, Metroid Prime 2 started up and plays just fine with the default settings.

Trying older versions of Dolphin didn't help (3.0 & 2.0). Switching the graphics backend from Direct3D9 to OpenGL to Software Renderer didn't help. Disabling the audio didn't help. I have found a little information about disabling the Panic Handlers option, but this crashes Dolphin with a different offset code from Windows each time. Changing the compiler to Interpreter or JITIL Experimental with Panic Handlers disable eliminated the GR1 error, but the game never initializes (locks with the header "Clearing Code Cache)

I don't think it's the iso file; it has the correct byte count for a GC image. Both Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime 2 were scrubbed, but are non-compressed. I can try re-ripping SMS later tonight to see if Wiiscrubber introduced some kind of blip in the file.

That's everything I've tried so far! Any help would be greatly appreciated; it seems like a lot of people can get this game to work. I would really love to play GC & Wii games on my laptop now that I've upgraded :-)

Cheers,
Rahvin

Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3 under Macbook Pro Bootcamp (latest DirectX with Windows updates)
Intel i7 620M, 2.67 GHz
Nvidia Geforce 330M, 512 MB vRAM (latest 266.58 drivers)
2 GB of memory
How did you scrub SMS with Wii Scrubber ?

It is only for Wii ISOS

Rahvin

(07-10-2011, 03:10 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]How did you scrub SMS with Wii Scrubber ?

It is only for Wii ISOS

I guess being new to this, I just tried loading a GC ISO into WiiScrubber 1.31 and it handled it just fine. No errors, could browse the partition, etc. So why would one GC image turn out ok but not another using it? Regardless, I'll try GC-tool later tonight.

Oh, and Metroid Prime 3 also started just fine. Maybe I pulled a DERP with the scrubbing and not with the Dolphin settings.
(07-10-2011, 03:10 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]How did you scrub SMS with Wii Scrubber ?

It is only for Wii ISOS

From what I have read on the net, Wiiscrubber can handle GameCube ISO's
(07-10-2011, 03:44 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

It is only for Wii ISOS

Then you read wrong !

From the FAQ.txt from WiiScrubber:
Quote:Q11. Does Load work on Gamecube discs?
A11. No. As all the work is based around encrypted partitions.
(07-10-2011, 03:49 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 03:44 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

It is only for Wii ISOS

Then you read wrong !

From the FAQ.txt from WiiScrubber:
Quote:Q11. Does Load work on Gamecube discs?
A11. No. As all the work is based around encrypted partitions.

Wow that's the first time Internet had false information....not
Thanks for clearing that up Anti!
However, i'm still wondering how the OP did it Big Grin
What ever he did, the ISO broke Tongue

Rahvin

(07-10-2011, 04:17 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]However, i'm still wondering how the OP did it Big Grin

Yep! Re-ripping SMS fixed the problem. MP2 working was probably dumb luck Wink
(07-10-2011, 12:35 PM)Rahvin Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 04:17 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]However, i'm still wondering how the OP did it Big Grin

That's great but are you 100% sure you used Wiiscrubber for SMS?
As Anti-Ultimate wrote a quote from the official FAQ loading GameCube games was not possible.
(07-10-2011, 05:40 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 12:35 PM)Rahvin Wrote: [ -> ]

That's great but are you 100% sure you used Wiiscrubber for SMS?
As Anti-Ultimate wrote a quote from the official FAQ loading GameCube games was not possible.

Maybe an update in recent version Tongue
Pages: 1 2