Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: slowdown independent of resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

inlimbo

specs:
windows 7 32bit
athlon 64 x2 7750 (2.7ghz)
geforce 260 gtx
2gb ram

i've only had a chance to try metroid prime and both versions of twilight princess, but i'm experiencing extreme slowdown with both. with metroid it's from the beginning, with twilight princess it occurs once i enter the main portion of ordon village. the games are unplayable in either case. resolution, from 1080p to native, has no visible impact on performance at all, which i assume is thanks to my videocard.

does that leave the processor as the culprit or is it something else? i've experimented with the framebuffer/fullscreen effects settings to no avail
my i3 @ 2.53ghz cant hardly run twillight in the town...
its a matter of core power

the display resolution doesnt matter your 260gtx can render 1080p without problems...
the cpu is the bottleneck
I think it's dependent. I'm having a drop of speed when having higher resolution.

My video card is ATI Radeon Mobility 5730 HD 2GB
I thought only the internal resolution makes a different in preformance not the external resolution... i'm running standard on 1920x1080 full screen and use internal multiple 640x825.. changing 1920x1080 in lower resolution didn't make a difference in framerate...

(07-09-2011, 09:54 PM)Mr.Shibby Wrote: [ -> ]I thought only the internal resolution makes a different in preformance not the external resolution... i'm running standard on 1920x1080 full screen and use internal multiple 640x825.. changing 1920x1080 in lower resolution didn't make a difference in framerate...

Oh. I'm talking about internal resolution. Smile