Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transferring Saves From
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

How do you transfer save files and all the options needed from one Dolphin to another? I move all files inside GC and all files in side Save States folder and it doesn't find any GC's when trying to save or just goes "not responding" when trying to load states ...

Tyvn
Well the GC works now weirdly, but after loading a SAVE STATE, dolphin goes "not responding" and I have to close it. How do you guys switch between revisions so easily ...

Still need help Sad
Hey man this is what you need to do enable to switch revisions with your saves:

There is a folder under the Dolphin folder called User and under that there is a folder called GC
In there, there should be two files called:
MemoryCardA.USA.raw and SRAM.raw

Back those up!

Then just put them there in the new revision under the same folder.
(07-10-2011, 02:31 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man this is what you need to do enable to switch revisions with your saves:

There is a folder under the Dolphin folder called User and under that there is a folder called GC

Back those up!

I know that, but how can I transfer Save States?
(07-10-2011, 02:37 AM)DerpTyrant Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 02:31 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man this is what you need to do enable to switch revisions with your saves:

Back those up!

I know that, but how can I transfer Save States?

That you can't my friend, that you can't.
You can only transfer save states from the revision you using to the same revision.
Changes made to the emulator makes them unstable, just one revision can make save states unusable to transfer to the next.
Aha. Tyvm.

Btw, is there a way to transfer controller settings? Like I had specific settings on my hybrid xbox360+keyboard setting that I took an hour to setup. Is there a way to transfer it somehow?

Thanks
(07-10-2011, 03:23 AM)DerpTyrant Wrote: [ -> ]Aha. Tyvm.

Btw, is there a way to transfer controller settings? Like I had specific settings on my hybrid xbox360+keyboard setting that I took an hour to setup. Is there a way to transfer it somehow?

Thanks

Not recommended either, there is UI changes and other changes made from time to time.
Transferring configuration ini's is to be done on own risk.
(07-10-2011, 03:35 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 03:23 AM)DerpTyrant Wrote: [ -> ]Aha. Tyvm.

Thanks

Not recommended either, there is UI changes and other changes made from time to time.
Transferring configuration ini's is to be done on own risk.
Well both version are 7xxx and there aren't many UI changes as far as I can tell. But there is an option?
Well what you can do is to copy and paste the controller settings from one configuration ini to the other revisions configuration ini to save time, that's the best solution I could think of.
Gotta ask here as well regarding a question I had in another thread.

How can you swap saves from just one game to another, not overwriting the whole GC as that would ruin the other saves?
Pages: 1 2