Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New notebook: i3 processor [HT 2.13 ghz] vs. p6100 [2.00 ghz]?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, it's time for me to move on to college, and I want a notebook capable of running the emulator so I can play some games during breaks, but the notebook I want has a i3 330M CPU but it's from HP, so HyperThreading cannot be disabled. The PassMark score is in the 1900s, but I wonder maybe the P6100 [PassMark score 1500s] is a better choice, obviously a little slower but it has no HyperThreading... so what should I choose?

Edit: don't think I am stupid, I use PCSX2 too and emulators usually don't fare well with HyperThreading =P
Gahh I really hate options between Notebooks, I'm so bad at these things.
What's you're budget?
(07-09-2011, 02:51 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Gahh I really hate options between Notebooks, I'm so bad at these things.
What's you're budget?

Let's say around 440 euro's.
(07-09-2011, 02:54 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2011, 02:51 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Gahh I really hate options between Notebooks, I'm so bad at these things.
What's you're budget?

440 euro's eh?
Hmm that should get you a pretty decent Notebook but as I said I'm really bad at Notebooks with their corresponding hardware.
Besides these two you have mentioned have you found anything else that looks interesting?
As a side question what kind of games are you planning to play?
(07-09-2011, 02:58 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
What's you're budget?

440 euro's eh?
Hmm that should get you a pretty decent Notebook but as I said I'm really bad at Notebooks with their corresponding hardware.
Besides these two you have mentioned have you found anything else that looks interesting?

Unfortunately, I don't.
What kind of games I plan to play: Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Super Smash Bros. Brawl & Skyward Sword as soon as I have it
(07-09-2011, 03:09 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]
What's you're budget?

440 euro's eh?

Unfortunately, I don't.
What kind of games I plan to play: Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Super Smash Bros. Brawl & Skyward Sword as soon as I have it

I only have experience from Super Smash Bros. Brawl here and that game runs quite great on lower hardware.
I must leave this to someone else more experienced in the Notebook area.
But if I were to choose I would choose the i3 330M one but that's just me.
(07-09-2011, 03:14 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
What's you're budget?

440 euro's eh?

Unfortunately, I don't.

I only have experience from Super Smash Bros. Brawl here and that game runs quite great on lower hardware.

I was thinking that too, but if I choose i3 and I can't disable HT then it means I'm using 1 real processor and 1 fake one, and that will obviously cause more lag than just 2 real processors!
(07-09-2011, 03:18 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2011, 02:54 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]Let's say around 440 euro's.

440 euro's eh?

Unfortunately, I don't.

I was thinking that too, but if I choose i3 and I can't disable HT then it means I'm using 1 real processor and 1 fake one, and that will obviously cause more lag than just 2 real processors!

Oh never thought like it that way.
Hmm well then that would be non beneficial for Dolphin I guess.

I found this one on a Swedish web store:

ASUS A73E 17.3" HD+

It costs around 4995 Swedish crowns and is around the 400 euro budget I think.
I don't know man I can't really give you top notch tips here but this one got a i3 2310M @ 2.1GHz CPU.
(07-09-2011, 03:25 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2011, 03:18 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2011, 02:58 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]440 euro's eh?

Unfortunately, I don't.

Oh never thought like it that way.
Hmm well then that would be non beneficial for Dolphin I guess.

I found this one on a Swedish web store:

ASUS A73E 17.3" HD+

It costs around 4995 Swedish crowns and is around the 400 euro budget I think.
I don't know man I can't really give you top notch tips here but this one got a i3 2310M @ 2.1GHz CPU.

It got Intel HD graphics... I hate that so much, almost everything sucks on that and it bottlenecks a lot
Shit I knew there was something fishy about it.
If only it was a desktop, boy what tips I could give you.
Well I guess I could investigate a little bit further tomorrow in this, hopefully I find something good.
Pages: 1 2 3