Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: my laptops GPU is reaching 91 degrees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im using dell inspirion N5110. everything is factory clocked and when im using dolphin it goes upto 91 degrees celcius! is it safe? im always keeping my laptop elevated for air intake. People said that it can go upto 100 to 105 degrees but i just wanna be sure. My GPU is Nvidia GT 525. im using revision 7669. again i would like to point out that everything is factory clocked. the games that ive played are sonic colors and punch out. so far these games made my gpu reach 90 degrees.
Laptops generally have this problem when they are used for gaming.
Least your laptop is durable. My laptops reach 72C for GPU before resetting due to overheat.

Some things you can do is to use those bottled air to blow away dust (remember to turn off laptop first)
that may be hiding in the fans.

You can also buy laptop coolers from places like NewEgg or electronic stores.
(07-07-2011, 11:20 PM)Solarsonic Wrote: [ -> ]im using dell inspirion N5110. everything is factory clocked and when im using dolphin it goes upto 91 degrees celcius! is it safe? im always keeping my laptop elevated for air intake. People said that it can go upto 100 to 105 degrees but i just wanna be sure. My GPU is Nvidia GT 525. im using revision 7669. again i would like to point out that everything is factory clocked. the games that ive played are sonic colors and punch out. so far these games made my gpu reach 90 degrees.

I am going to assume that you are talking about fahrenheit.
no i said 91 degrees celsius. please if anyone has any ideas that can cool it down please let me know. the laptops new so it cant be dust
(07-07-2011, 11:52 PM)Solarsonic Wrote: [ -> ]no i said 91 degrees celsius. please if anyone has any ideas that can cool it down please let me know. the laptops new so it cant be dust

That is fairly high.
i asked for a solution to the problem.
Turn down graphics settings, get a laptop cooler.
since its a dell, it cant be overclocked, and since its new, even if it overheats i can use the warranty right?
If it is more than half year old - get some compressed air and use it on all ventilation channels. My laptop lately was getting to ~75 degrees even at oold games like morrowind. After air treatement it keeps cool even in newer cpu and gpu-intense games.
don't forget to block the fans with something...
they overrun with compressed air