Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8, what program will work on mac to dump games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

amonaco4

Hey, just decided to try Dolphin out, been a long time since I was into emulating, and I don't know much about it. Looking for a program that will work on Mac OS X (version 10.6.8) to dump games, and maybe some general steps to go through to get started. Thanks all.
Don't you have the real consoles you can use for dumping? It's way easier.
But I know that there is certain LG DVD players/burners that could be used along with a program for Windows called RAW Dump but if something similar exists for Mac I don't know.

amonaco4

I do have the consoles, but like I said, I'm just getting into this. As in, 24 hours ago I had no idea Dolphin existed. What would I do to use the console for dumping? Oh, and I agree with your overall Castlevania thing... it rocks.
First you do this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup

Then you download CleanRip from the same site
Thanks, been a Castlevania freak for as long as I can remember and I can't get enough.
One of the few series I truly have been loyal to.

Ahem... back on topic.
Well what you need to do if you have a Wii is to install the Homebrew channel in order to dump your games.
As I use both my Wii and Dolphin to play games I used WiiFlow to dump them.
It's an excellent dumper and loader.
For GameCube games dumping on Wii, CleanRip is to prefer.

There is great articles in how to install both the Homebrew channel and a dumper/loader.
As a hint I used my copy of Indiana Jones The Adventures game along with a special save game in order to trigger some code that booted up the process so to speak.
I use CleanRip. I just researched WiiFlow and it uses a CIOS so CleanRip is probably easier. It uses IOS58 which is probably on your Wii and dumps quickly and accurately (I think). I used a special brawl stage as my hint (google SmashStack).

amonaco4

Thanks to all for your advice, but I'm thinking I'm still somewhat lost. Is there any sort of definitive how-to tutorial, video, etc. for getting Dolphin going specifically for Mac? There seems to be no shortage of them in regards to PCs, but, as is often the case, not sure where to look for Mac. Anything you guys could point me to would be greatly appreciated, thanks.