Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: what to buy for my PC??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eeey guys i just got dolphin just a few days a go and its great. I really like how everybody can help and thanks to the guys how are on the forums helping ppl your awesomeAngel. but now to my question. i am going to buy new stuff for my PC this week and i need help what to buy for my PC but i dont have a clue what i can improveHuh. so my question is what must i buy?

my specs are:

windows 7 ultimate
Processor: intel® core™2 Quad CPU @2.40GHz 2.39
RAM 2 GB
32 bits
graphic card: ATI radeon HD 5700

is something old or outdated and can be replaced?

i can play Resident evil 4 wii on 80% speed with 1920x1080p 1x native and 9xSSAA
LoZ wind waker on 100% 4x native 1XSSAA
and lots of other games dont work 100% speed but i can play dragon age and fallout 3 on the highest setting...is it because dolphin is still in progress or am i doing something wrong?

thanks already guysBig Grin
Ahem... Fallout 3 and Dragon Age is PC games and is nothing to be compared with an emulator.
An emulator of this magnitude needs juice and lot of it to run full-speed.
If you're not on a Laptop then overclock to at least 3.4-3.6Ghz
(07-07-2011, 05:51 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Ahem... Fallout 3 and Dragon Age is PC games and is nothing to be compared with an emulator.

Okaay thnx no i use a PC so.... And you dont have advice what i can buy to improve?
(07-07-2011, 05:56 AM)lolobunny Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2011, 05:51 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Ahem... Fallout 3 and Dragon Age is PC games and is nothing to be compared with an emulator.

Okaay thnx no i use a PC so.... And you dont have advice what i can buy to improve?

What's your budget and pleasure my friend?
If you're on a spending spree I can recommend you some crazy shit Big Grin
(07-07-2011, 06:00 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2011, 05:56 AM)lolobunny Wrote: [ -> ]

What's your budget and pleasure my friend?
If you're on a spending spree I can recommend you some crazy shit Big Grin

I thougt about 500 (euro) but if needed much more just recommend what you wanna recommend. Angel

OK

I personally use a i7 2600K Sandy Bridge processor @ 3.4GHz along with some nice DDR3 ram sticks and a ASUS Radeon HD 6950 GPU card to emulate Dolphin.
With LLE as sound output I get almost full speed in every game I have.
(07-07-2011, 06:10 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]OK

I personally use a i7 2600K Sandy Bridge processor @ 3.4GHz along with some nice DDR3 ram sticks and a ASUS Radeon HD 6950 GPU card to emulate Dolphin.
With LLE as sound output I get almost full speed in every game I have.

Thnx man and how much Will that Cost?
The CPU $314.99
The GPU $309.99
A motherboard to go along with it $179.99
DDR3 Corsair XMS3 RAM 4GB $44.99

Then there also is some other expenses like PSU etc.

Prices taken from NewEgg.
nvm i see well thats in my budget so i dont think i have to replace my proccesor but my graphic card and maybe my ram but first i will look if i must overclock my cpu. thnx allot. Sleepy
(07-07-2011, 06:40 AM)lolobunny Wrote: [ -> ]nvm i see well thats in my budget so i dont think i have to replace my proccesor but my graphic card and maybe my ram but first i will look if i must overclock my cpu. thnx allot. Sleepy

Yeah you should be fine OC a little, tweaks can always be done.