Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best image quality settings for 3.0 - internal 4x SSAA 2x or internal 1x SSAA 9x?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

sibio

Hello, everyone!
I just built a very powerful PC and I want to try out Dolphin with the 23 Wii games I have (many of them are on my backlog, like the JP version of Xenoblade). Which are the best settings to achieve the best image quality possible?
Internal resolution?
AA setting?
Other enhancements?
Which are the problems caused by these settings? I read that internal 4x brings shadow problems in a few games. Is it true?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Regards
3x Internal
16xAF
9xSSAA
wouldn't integral be better?
(07-07-2011, 04:16 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]wouldn't integral be better?

Indeed I think it would! But I could be wrong though.
Only if you're over Full HD ^^
(07-07-2011, 04:56 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Only if you're over Full HD ^^

Hmm... that's true man!
- Windowed [Auto] internal resolution (best choice for beyond HD resolutions: 1536p, 1600p, 2160p)
- 2x AF (anything higher than 2x will mess up native mipmaps and texture 'shader' effects)
- No SSAA (if the internal resolution is very high, SSAA only adds blur)

sibio

Thanks for the tips!
I have a 1080p monitor: I'll try latest SVN release with internal resolution 4x. I'll add SSAA 2x upon that to see if picture quality worsen for blur effect.
Other options? e-g- native mipmaps, etc..
3x internal resolution is 1080p...
you dont need to go for 4x you have no usage for this with a 1080p monitor...
you would need a UHD TV Wink
or a monitor above 1080p
or multi monitoring
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_High_...Television
Well, using the 4x Scale should actually downsample the picture, which can be better image quality...
Pages: 1 2