Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xbox360 Controller - No rumble support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PICKLEBOY

My problem is that Dolphin is not recognizing the rumble motors in my Xbox 360 controller. Everything else works just fine, I just really want rumble support on my Xbox controller. I checked my driver and the rumble works on it, in fact, I have rumble support of my other emulators like sixtyforce.

When I go to configure my GC gamepad I can configure all of my controls, but when I click on the rumble motor section there are no motors to select and I cannot configure the rumble!

I read online that some people say that in certain versions of dolphin it works, if so which ones, I was using r7589, I just downloaded 3.0 both of which rumble does not work! Im running Mac OSX btw

PLEASE HELP!
Make sure it's connected and i'm pretty sure, Rumble wasn't ported to OSX yet.

However it should work on Windows.

PICKLEBOY

(07-07-2011, 12:32 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure it's connected and i'm pretty sure, Rumble wasn't ported to OSX yet.

However it should work on Windows.

Ok well I made sure rumble is working on my actual computer, and it is. and I can play with my controller the GCpad just doesnt recognize the rumble motors when I go to configure them.
The it has yet to be ported to OSX Tongue
my wired x360 pad rumble ok, just using rumble in config
Well, but he is using OSX, where it doesn't work.

PICKLEBOY

so is there anyone that has gotten rumble to work on OSX?
(07-07-2011, 01:55 AM)PICKLEBOY Wrote: [ -> ]so is there anyone that has gotten rumble to work on OSX?

Do you not understand the meaning of no?
(07-07-2011, 02:24 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2011, 01:55 AM)PICKLEBOY Wrote: [ -> ]so is there anyone that has gotten rumble to work on OSX?

Do you not understand the meaning of no?

This reminds me of a quote from one of the films Samuel L Jackson starring saying:

"What part of the NO don't you understand, the N or the O"

If it ain't fixed it ain't fixed it's that simple.

Surely you can live with out rumble in the mean time when you get an awesome emulator like this.
Well I have the same problem with the rumble. Seems the 64 bit version of Dolphin 3.0 can't pick up the drivers cause they are 32 bit which is pretty lame seeing as it found the controller and buttons can be mapped.

I tested the rumble in the 32 bit version and surely enough it worked. I really wish there was a way to get it working in the 64 bit version though as it's ofcourse faster.