Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to skip the wiimote safety screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have dolphin automatically bypass the wiimote safety screen when starting Wii games? I'm using dolphin through GameEx on my custom arcade cabinet, and it cycles through games every two minutes for its screensaver. The screen takes away from time the screensaver could be showing the actual game itself, which in the case of SSBB, means the intro video gets cut short. I know I could extend the screensaver runtime, but that fix is not ideal to me, as I like the 2 minute time for 99% of the games on there.

I don't think that's possible since it's in the game/disc itself I believe.
You'll just have to stick with it to be honest.
Yeah, I suspect as much...was just hoping the screen had a unique signature that the emu could determine what it was and skip it. A long hope, as I'm sure this would have been done by now, but thought I'd ask.
I'm kind of tired of these warning screens, It sure was better in the old days when the game just started right away.
What's next advertising before the game starts...let me guess that's already happened right?

Geesh they need to stop with this, when I buy stuff I just want to get starting with it, whether it be a movie or a game.
There's really to much warning screens these days.
Warning / safety screens are not irritating at all. They're helpful. You have to wait anyway for the yellow-colored Dolphin status/message/clearing cache text to completely disappear from the screen or you'll get some bad stuttering/slowdowns during this period. The warning screen lasts long enough to make this wait less painful Smile

What's much more irritating is the waste of time and torture you have to go through just to select a and play a level in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (watching pointless animations, waiting for lenghty transition effects, watching the same mario flight sequence over and over, selecting a level,sub-level,sub-sub-level, 'are you sure?' prompts all the time, watching a flyby overview of the level and FINALLY you get to play the ******* stage.

Now imagine going through all this shit countless times to compare the speed of multiple Dolphin builds with the three different renderers and various other settings. Grrrrr!
(07-07-2011, 06:00 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]Warning / safety screens are not irritating at all. They're helpful. You have to wait anyway for the initial Dolphin status/message/clearing cache text to disappear from the screen or you'll get some bad stuttering/slowdowns during this period. The warning screen lasts long enough to make the wait less painful Smile

What's much more irritating is the waste of time and torture you have to go through to select a and play a level in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (watching pointless animations, waiting for lenghty transition effects, watching the same mario flight sequence over and over, selecting a level,sub-level,sub-sub-level, 'are you sure?' prompts all the time, watching a flyby overview of the level and FINALLY you get to play the ******* stage.

Now imagine going through all this shit countless times to compare the speed of multiple Dolphin builds with the three different renderers and various other settings. Grrrrr!

Actually you got a point there that strengthens my point that everything was better in the old days.
I loved those days...