Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin start up problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ollie111

Hi,

I've been using Dolphin for about a week now. The only game I've used with it so far is the gamecube version of Zelda Twilight Princess. Anyway, the problem I'm having is that sometimes when I go to open the emulator it instantly minimizes to the task bar and clicking on it again does nothing, meaning it's impossible to use it.

To fix the problem I have to delete the User sub folder and replace it with a new one. (from a freshly downloaded Dolphin rar package) Which means I lose all my settings etc. I back up the old User folder so that I can paste the GC memory card file into the new User folder to keep my saves.

The version I'm using right now is r7669, but it happened with the 2 previous versions as well.

It might help if I list all the changes I make before the problem occurs, so here they are:

Framelimit: 60
Confirm on stop: Ticked
Render to Main Window: Ticked
Internal Resolution: x4 Native (2560x2112) [only since last update, before that it was x3 Native]

Aside from that all I change is the hotkeys, and gamecube controller key binds, everything else is at default.

Also my computer specs if they help:

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel i5
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 470

Any idea what's causing this problem? Thanks in advance.

Otacon23

(07-06-2011, 07:23 AM)ollie111 Wrote: [ -> ]It might help if I list all the changes I make before the problem occurs, so here they are:

Internal Resolution: x4 Native (2560x2112) [only since last update, before that it was x3 Native]

I've encountered this problem before, what you should do is:

You should untick Render to Main Window, and never maximize the Dolphin Main Window

or you can do this one
[Image: unledcih.png]

ollie111

(07-06-2011, 08:27 AM)Otacon23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2011, 07:23 AM)ollie111 Wrote: [ -> ]It might help if I list all the changes I make before the problem occurs, so here they are:

I've encountered this problem before, what you should do is:

You should untick Render to Main Window, and never maximize the Dolphin Main Window

ok thanks I'll try that, I assume it's safe to maximize the game window?

Otacon23

Quote:ok thanks I'll try that, I assume it's safe to maximize the game window?

Yes its safe to maximize the game window, and after unticking the render to main window option you can also safely maximize the main window