Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: clearing code Cache Crash Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

We spend the last 2 days making Dolphin work on OS X.
Once we are trying to load a rom, it says: 'clearing code cache'.
After that we get an error message saying: The application Dolphin quit unexpectedly.
It seems some people are having the same problem, though it seems there aren't any solutions.

We used different versions of Dolphin build.
Specs are:
Macbook Pro 15' running Mac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.8

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Grtz,

jbistekos

(07-05-2011, 06:34 PM)hnieuw Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

We spend the last 2 days making Dolphin work on OS X.
Once we are trying to load a rom, it says: 'clearing code cache'.
After that we get an error message saying: The application Dolphin quit unexpectedly.
It seems some people are having the same problem, though it seems there aren't any solutions.

We used different versions of Dolphin build.
Specs are:
Macbook Pro 15' running Mac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.8

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Grtz,

I'm having the same problem, although mine just straight up crashes when i load a game. I running the same specs as you as well, although I am using a Macbook.

chasezajc@gmail.com

I am also having the same issue, trying to play Zelda Twilight Princess.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
(07-06-2011, 11:52 AM)chasezajc@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]I am also having the same issue, trying to play Zelda Twilight Princess.

Clearly, there are still too much buggs in the Mac-version.
(07-10-2011, 06:04 AM)hnieuw Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2011, 11:52 AM)chasezajc@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]I am also having the same issue, trying to play Zelda Twilight Princess.

Clearly, there are still too much buggs in the Mac-version.

Okay, today I cleaned my Mac. OS X Lion is comming, and i upgraded to Snow Leopard.
Cleared my whole drive.
It appeared that Dolphin IS working now for me. No more errors.
Hope that helps you.

on the shelf

Damn, I'm having the same problem with my Mac and I'm using Leopard. How much does it cost to upgrade to Snow or Lion?
(07-17-2011, 08:33 AM)on the shelf Wrote: [ -> ]How much does it cost to upgrade to Snow?

I think it is $20-25.

N00By

Hang on though. How did people use isos on OSX before now if this is what happened? Does this mean leopard is incompatible with dolphin?

LucienSadi

The source of the crashbug is the usage of posix_memalign in MemoryUtil.cpp; only Snow Leopard and up have the posix_memalign function. Pre-Snow-Leopard versions of OSX appear to be incapable of running Dolphin- I'd suggest upgrading your OS as a quick fix. Alternately, we can hope that the devs notice this thread and are kind enough to modify the code to allow us Leopard-users to run Dolphin.

(Update: I checked the oldest OSX build available on the site; it too has posix_memalign. Sorry guys, we're out of luck unless the devs fix this.)
I have two Macs. The Mac Pro is 10.5.8 (leopard) so it crashes with 3.0 and I also have a MacBook 10.6.5 (snow leopard) and it also crashes with the new 3.0. Can't even get into the game.
Pages: 1 2