Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laaag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wheresmyinhalor

So im completely new to this, just got dolphin today. I have a mid-2010 macbook with 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo processor and 2 gigs of ram and a NVDIDIA Geforce 320m. And all my games lag on defualt settings. Any help?
Your system is too weak...
(07-05-2011, 08:03 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Your system is too weak...

Not only that, he have to stick with the much slower OpenGL plugin in the process.
Don't know if it would help installing Windows 7 via Boot Camp or something enable to use Direct3D9 that might bring things up in speed a little.

wheresmyinhalor

really? thats surprising.

Not only that, he have to stick with the much slower OpenGL plugin in the process.
Don't know if it would help installing Windows 7 via Boot Camp or something enable to use Direct3D9 that might bring things up in speed a little.
[/quote]

i might try that. but is there nothing i can do to speed up performance in osx?
(07-06-2011, 08:10 AM)wheresmyinhalor Wrote: [ -> ]i might try that. but is there nothing i can do to speed up performance in osx?

Your CPU really is underpowered for matching the console performance. Laptop CPU just can't be easily overclocked or anything, so few options.

MacBooks have good resale value, you could consider a sell and purchase a more powerful one. A Sandy Bridge CPU will get you closer.
(07-06-2011, 12:34 PM)RoundSparrow Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2011, 08:10 AM)wheresmyinhalor Wrote: [ -> ]i might try that. but is there nothing i can do to speed up performance in osx?

Your CPU really is underpowered for matching the console performance. Laptop CPU just can't be easily overclocked or anything, so few options.

MacBooks have good resale value, you could consider a sell and purchase a more powerful one. A Sandy Bridge CPU will get you closer.

Good choice
(07-06-2011, 05:20 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

Good choice

It's the only logical choice.
But I think he should try the Boot Camp Windows 7 Direct3D9 idea first as a last resort just for the heck of it.
(07-06-2011, 08:10 AM)wheresmyinhalor Wrote: [ -> ]

why is that every mac user saying?
how ironic
(07-06-2011, 05:52 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2011, 05:20 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

Good choice

It's the only logical choice.
But I think he should try the Boot Camp Windows 7 Direct3D9 idea first as a last resort just for the heck of it.

He could but does he want to?
(07-06-2011, 06:36 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2011, 08:10 AM)wheresmyinhalor Wrote: [ -> ]

why is that every mac user saying?
how ironic

well I suppose if someone choose a Mac it's because he uses it for other things that playing but it's true that for playing you OFTEN got probs it isn't a criticism but I think it's a reality
(07-06-2011, 07:43 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]He could but does he want to?

I think if he's really interested in saving money then by all means he should, I mean who wouldn't?
Then as a last resort I would upgrade.