Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen hack not working ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched as much as I can, and not found anything, so sorry if the answer is obvious.

I have tried many combinations of graphics options, and not found anything that allows GC games like Windwaker to render in 16:9. The "widescreen hack" check box does not seem to change anything, and even earlier revisions act the same. Games look stretched, and link looks a little chubbier than he should.

I've tried 3D9, 3D11, stretch to window, force 16:9, various internal and fullscreen resolutions, rendering to main window, and auto adjust window size, as well as several combinations of other options. So I'm starting to believe it might be my video card settings. I'm using a GTS 250.

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be awesome.
Live with it
(07-05-2011, 07:11 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Live with it

Boy that's harsh.

ddl25, which revision are you currently using right now?
4:3 is bearable, but after seeing all those nice wide screenshots I thought I'd try to get it working.

I'm using r7668, and I randomly chose r7435 to see if anything was different.

[Image: 92378883.png]
I think it looks nice to me, but I don't have high standards.
I'll guess this is 4:3 then?

I have to try this myself with 3.0 to get a better picture if there is something wrong or not.
I'm pretty picky about ratio, but I guess it's not that huge a deal. Here's a comparison:

[Image: 888ja.th.png]
Well both number 1 and 3 looked good.
Don't think I've had the same result with auto as you did on number 2 though with the black borders on the side.
(07-05-2011, 07:16 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

Boy that's harsh.

Well it is really the only thing to do Undecided.
(07-05-2011, 09:15 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2011, 07:16 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

Boy that's harsh.

Well it is really the only thing to do Undecided.

Yeah I guess so Undecided