Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: by pass code clearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I see there are a lot of posts on this but no have a solution. Seems there is now a code cache clearing that takes place on the load of a game. Sometimes it crashes the app, others it loads. When it loads all is well but it take 5 to 10 minutes for the clearing? Can we by pass this clearing cache code?
Not if you want the game to run without the emulator crashing.
Is the 5 minute start up permanent or just me?
Just you. I do not encounter this problem.
(07-05-2011, 01:30 PM)ulao Wrote: [ -> ]Is the 5 minute start up permanent or just me?

By "5 minutes" do you mean "ingame"?
I think the 5 minutes was an issue with my system I rebooted and its no longer 5 minutes, more like 1 or less.

Quote:By "5 minutes" do you mean "ingame"?
No, here is a better explanation.

Before: Load game, wait a few moments and the game starts.

Now: displays this code cache clearing message with a black background. Depending on what apps are running this can be from one to five minutes. On some occurrences it just freezes dolphin. If it succeeds the game goes on and all is well.

From what NaturalViolence said I have to believe this is necessary as without it was cause bugs. I wish I could have a more detail answer and perhaps some info on how to turn off a few cacheing options should that even exist. For example: I read somewhere that this is in part the cheat cache which I have no use for.

In the newer dolphin revisions, i get a "clearing cache code" similar to the OP, but mines happens in game every 10 minutes or so. It freezes the game temporarily but I am able to get back into the game after about 15-20 seconds. This is in MGSTTS.
@ ulao & SnakeBoss:

Try the latest build (3.0-686) and see if it fixes your freezing issues and long loading times.

The last one says it has fixed this issue so idk if you noticed but this one went up around the same time u posted this.
My issue went away. I'm always near the latest version.
Pages: 1 2 3