Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Throttlestop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Um this is a software that overclocks your CPU and actually makes your computer use less power. it said that it was mainly made for dell laptops with i7's. i know this isnt the right place to ask for help but i couldnt ask for help on their site. it seems their site is bugged. it keeps saying my email address is banned even though it was my first time trying to register. i tried 3 email addresses, and it still wouldnt let me register. If ANYONE knows how to use this please help. my i7 on my dell laptop overclocks to 2.9 Ghz for PC games but it only goes to 2.6 for Dolphin and PCSX2. Again I know this isnt the place to ask and im sorry but i really need someone to explain how to use it T.T
I just did a little research. I didn't try to download it but it appears to be for mobile Core 2 Duos with certain BIOS options available. Turbo-boost should work, my CPU OCs to 3.0 Ghz with Dolphin. Make sure all other programs are closed so only 2 cores are being used.
you could also try "lock to core" option in dolphin, to make sure dolphin get locked to certain cpu core
man ive tried that..... nothing overclocks it past 2.6 Ghz. T.T i even set its priority to realtime, nothing works. any other suggestion?
text text
That does not cause the thread affinity to be locked.