Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is the Direct3D plugin EVER going to work?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
title
maybe.but i think its not main priority for the devs for now.
Exactly, they haven't worked on it in a long time. And currently are not showing any interest in further development. That's why it's usually suggested that you have an updated graphics card with OGL 2.1 compatibility if you want to get the best out of the emulator. You can use an older version of the Direct3D driver, but it's more buggy than the OGL one.

cmccmc

It will be fixed right after LLE Sound is done
(06-05-2009, 07:23 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, they haven't worked on it in a long time. And currently are not showing any interest in further development. That's why it's usually suggested that you have an updated graphics card with OGL 2.1 compatibility if you want to get the best out of the emulator. You can use an older version of the Direct3D driver, but it's more buggy than the OGL one.

There waiting till they finish the LLE Sound Plugin
You might as well just get the opengl plugin. If you have a computer that can't use opengl 2.1 then it's going to be way too slow to want to play anything on direct x.

I wonder why they decided to go with opengl for the big plugin instead of using direct x?
(06-05-2009, 03:28 PM)Dartht33bagger Wrote: [ -> ]You might as well just get the opengl plugin. If you have a computer that can't use opengl 2.1 then it's going to be way too slow to want to play anything on direct x.

I wonder why they decided to go with opengl for the big plugin instead of using direct x?

Because it is open cross-platform standard Wink

Wolvenmoon

I'm curious as to if openCL will be used at all, if I got the name right...the GPGPU language that supports both ati and nVidia cards?

L0nk

I'd personally also love to see Direct3D working.. or at least OpenGL compatible with OGLE.. I often try to rip model files.. 3dRipper works together with old Dolphins and Direct3D.. 3dripper does not support OpenGL.. OGLE at least attempts to rip some data in OpenGL mode but it fails and captures an empty scene.. in best case of course a Dolphin internal function to perform a 3d screenshot to OBJ or similar would be awesome!

LuisR14

hmm, it just might be that those programs don't support Cg? (both OGL and Dx) Undecided