Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with Direct3D9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Goliath

When I try to run on Direct3D9 I get a warning that says:
CreatePixelShaderFromByteCode failed at Src\D3DShader.cpp 84
the game starts but I can only hear the sound and no image at all
I tried with 3 different Games 1 ISO and 2 DVDs playing both GameCube and Wii Games and same problem, I tried to use other versions I used:
Dolphin-win-x86-r7661
dolphin-3.0-win32
dolphin-2.0-win32
on version 2.0 I did not get the error but the game runs really slow, I did a little reseach and it seems that the problem is because of the shader pixel here are my specifications on my PC

Win 7 32 bit
Intel P4 3.2Ghz HT
2 Gb DDR2 Ram
Ati Radeon X700 PCIE 256Mb

I also updated my DirectX End-User and it downloads 9.0c and what that means is that my pixel shader is (Pixel Shader 3.0 (DX 9.0c) according to this web page http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4226-identify-...phics-card

I tried to use different configurations but with no luck I can only play on OpenGL but with low FPS arround 15 to 20 FPS, I also updated my catalyst drivers from ATI I dont know what to do, if anyone wants I can take screenshots
im really sorry to say this but pentium 4 aint gonna cut it to play dolphin. trust me i use to use it lol. buy something better like a core 2 duo. your using old tech. :/

Goliath

but if my P4 is not good enough how come I can still play in OpenGL and when I switch to Direct3D y says shader pixel failed??? as fas as I know Pixel Shader is rendered by my graphics card
Actually it's not just the CPU that's ancient here but so is also the GPU seeing as these relics have been out for quite awhile now.
You really should consider doing a hardware upgrade if you want to experience Dolphin anywhere near decent.
At least you can use OpenGL... Sad
(07-04-2011, 07:31 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]At least you can use OpenGL... Sad

But is it worth it?

I played Dolphin a little with similar specs 2009 using OpenGL and that was really slow.
A P4 @ maybe 3.0-3.2GHz and a GPU @ 256Mb is not well suited for this kind of heavy emulation.
(07-04-2011, 08:08 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

But is it worth it?

I played Dolphin a little with similar specs 2009 using OpenGL and that was really slow.
A P4 @ maybe 3.0-3.2GHz and a GPU @ 256Mb is not well suited for this kind of heavy emulation.

It's surely not but in last resort... Wink
(07-04-2011, 08:17 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

But is it worth it?

I'll guess for the time being and while you save up for something better then this, then as a last resort sure why not.
But I wouldn't have enjoyed it very much, I would much rather play it on the consoles in the mean time.

(07-04-2011, 08:35 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2011, 08:17 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

But is it worth it?

I'll guess for the time being and while you save up for something better then this, then as a last resort sure why not.
But I wouldn't have enjoyed it very much, I would much rather play it on the consoles in the mean time.

Of course it's the best solution Smile