Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What do I need to play with Wii controllers via my PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I currently have my Wii sensor bar and two wii controller with motion plus. I was wondering how do I connect my sensor bar to my PC? is there a USB adapter for this? the rest I'll figure out. I'm sick of playing on my Wii... this emulator kicks ass.

Thanks in advance!
You can't connect the stock sensor bar to your PC (without disassembling it) so buy a wireless sensor bar on eBay for a couple bucks.
(07-03-2011, 11:48 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]You can't connect the stock sensor bar to your PC (without disassembling it) so buy a wireless sensor bar on eBay for a couple bucks.

Ok thanks, I remembered I have a wireless sensor bar that came in a package deal as well as component cables. What do I need todo with the wireless sensor bar?
You don't have to do anything special with the wireless sensor bar.
Just put in some batteries, press the power button and place it on top of your screen or bottom if you choose that in Dolphin.
No installation or anything.

but2002

The only thing you need to do is pair your Wiimote to Dolpin. The sensor bar is mis-named simply because it doesn't do any sensing. The Wii "Sensor" bar is nothing but a set of infared lights that the tip of the wiimote sees and then uses to pinpoint the location you are "pointing" at. Candles may also work if you'd prefer.
(07-05-2011, 01:49 AM)but2002 Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing you need to do is pair your Wiimote to Dolpin. The sensor bar is mis-named simply because it doesn't do any sensing. The Wii "Sensor" bar is nothing but a set of infared lights that the tip of the wiimote sees and then uses to pinpoint the location you are "pointing" at. Candles may also work if you'd prefer.

Ha ha candles Big Grin
I actually thought that was a joke before I saw the YouTube video.