Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I install patches?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded a patch to make DSP LLE to work faster but I don't know how to install it. Where do I put the patch file in dolphin and how do i enable it?
you must build with the patch or ask a builder to do it...
You usually won't want to manually apply patches since any patch which actually does something useful would've already been applied in official builds.
I want to install this patch:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=12950

I'm trying to install lle_masked_math_special.patch

How do I install it?
We already told you. Integrate the patch and recompile.
(07-02-2011, 02:53 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]We already told you. Integrate the patch and recompile.

How do I do that?
This patch is obsolete

(Tip: day of topic creation, the last post, the edit of first post)
That patch is deprecated, it is based on outdated/obsoleted code that has been improved and integrated into the both the latest revisions and v3.0. That patch hasn't been relevant or needed for about 300 to 500+ revisions now. Of course you would have already known this if you actually bothered to read the thread you linked to, where this was stated on the last page of the thread about a week ago. Besides the patch being deprecated, it won't merge with the current code, it would be a complete waste of time trying to get the code in the patch to merge and would cause problems.