Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: some questions with r7654 - ToS : Dawn of New World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tr4nquility

Hello guys... I'm pretty new with this emulator, and I have a few questions... I'm not sure where to post these questions, so please tell me if I'm in the wrong thread... =_=

1). in Configuration -> CPU Emulator, what's the difference between using JIT and JIT JL Experimental Recompiler..? What's the advantage of Lock Threads to Cores ?

2.1). When I played Tales of Symphonia : Knight of Ratatosk (also known as Dawn of New World or simply ToS 2), undubbed version, Dolphin randomly closed down in-game.... Not only the external window, but also the main window (which contains the toolbars) .... Even with Panic Handler turned on, it didn't give me any message... just closed down....
I'm using Dolphin 3.0 r7654 x64 ... Is there something wrong in my configurations ?

2.2). I'm using emulated Wiimote + ps2 joystick ... Starting a new game or loading a saved game is fine, but when I load a SaveState, the external window will freeze (though sound can still be heard)... Is there a fix for this ?

3). In Cheat Manager, using memory scanning (just like in Cheat Engine), I managed to find 2 address... When I click "build AR code", why is it just one address for 1 AR code ? (so there are 2 AR codes)
Can't we make a single AR code consisting of several addresses at once....? For instance, a cheat named "Max Gold" which will contain 2 or more addresses ... so we just have to check a single cheat.

4). A question for Developers .....
Currently I'm taking a final assignment in my study, and planning to make a "mouse" for Windows on Android Smartphone.... I'm thinking about using Bluetooth as its interface to Windows, and then Windows will detect it as a mouse. The touchscreen on that phone will be used as a touchpad...
Seeing as how dolphin team has successfully used Bluetooth to connect Wiimote into dolphin program, could someone please give some general ideas on how using a Bluetooth device as an interface in Windows..? For instance, as how data is transferred, whether we have to use some API or else..?

Thanks.