Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: who can help me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys.
it can't run dolphin at full speed but i have a pretty good cpu (at least i thought)
i5 m430
2.27 gghz.
does anybody know what the bestest settings are.

greetz
Read "Performance Guide" of the site for optimal settings...
(06-30-2011, 01:49 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Read "Performance Guide" of the site for optimal settings...

yeah i tried that but it still won't work,
is my cpu anyway fast enough?
and i have another problem, some games like super smash brosh run pretty good and they become slower after a while
(06-30-2011, 01:53 AM)umut Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2011, 01:49 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Read "Performance Guide" of the site for optimal settings...

yeah i tried that but it still won't work,
is my cpu anyway fast enough?
and i have another problem, some games like super smash brosh run pretty good and they become slower after a while

you won't get full speed with your CPU for sure... your games become slower? lags? try to disable Dual Core...
If it's a laptop, I've seen that happen, after a while it would shift between a few minutes of normal performance, and a few with horrible performance. It's to prevent overheating I think.
(06-30-2011, 01:53 AM)umut Wrote: [ -> ]is my cpu anyway fast enough?

let me answer that with your quote

(06-30-2011, 01:45 AM)umut Wrote: [ -> ]it can't run dolphin at full speed

so, no.

(06-30-2011, 04:15 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a laptop, I've seen that happen, after a while it would shift between a few minutes of normal performance, and a few with horrible performance. It's to prevent overheating I think.

i can agree with that. i mainly run dolphin while im on my laptop and it WILL slow down once the temperature is too high, so i have to take regular breaks and leave the laptop fan running at full blast
(06-30-2011, 06:49 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2011, 01:53 AM)umut Wrote: [ -> ]is my cpu anyway fast enough?

let me answer that with your quote

(06-30-2011, 01:45 AM)umut Wrote: [ -> ]it can't run dolphin at full speed

so, no.

(06-30-2011, 04:15 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a laptop, I've seen that happen, after a while it would shift between a few minutes of normal performance, and a few with horrible performance. It's to prevent overheating I think.

i can agree with that. i mainly run dolphin while im on my laptop and it WILL slow down once the temperature is too high, so i have to take regular breaks and leave the laptop fan running at full blast

i downloaded dolphin 3.0 and its quite faster.
but i have somewhere a pentium d 2.8 ghz.
does anybody know if that can run dolphin at decent speed?
my desktop (see my sig) is also a Pentium D, most of the games i play (gamecube mainly) run pretty well at 720p except for f-zero. but don't be surprised if the fps drops 10-20 on certain scenes
E5200 is not a Pentium D . Pentium D = 2 Pentium 4 in one die,Pentium D is 65nm CPU and Pentium Dual Core (Wolfdale) is 45nm CPU
I have Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz and it run dolphin as slow as Pentium Dual Core 2.0Ghz
i tried it on my pentium d pc and it was very very slow.
maybe i can overclock my i5 notebook.