Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Zero on SVN R3089
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RDHmusic

Hi there, I'm trying to play Resident Evil Zero on SVN Build R3089. All I get is a black screen.. And sometimes when I try to start the game I get this error that perhaps a firewall or something takes to much memory so Dolphin can't load.

I've tryed Resident Evil Zero at school aswell, on a Dolhpin 1.3 beta or something, I got it from a different site.. It started the game, but I couldnt go any further than the Item list in RE Zero , if I got out of the Item list I got yellow screen.

This build is much newer I guess, and on youtube I saw that the game is very good playable.. So why don't it work for me ? The game is not broken, it works fine.. And on the new build it won't even start up.

Am I missing some files or.. ??

Please help me I'm desperatly wanting to play this game Smile

Thanks allot !!
I don't have the game personally so I wouldn't know.

Try enabling the RE0 audio fix in the audio settings. It might fix it.
Prerequisites:
1. Update your .NET Framework platform
2. Update your DirectX 9
3. Install latest VisualC++ redistributable package
4. Update your video card drivers
4.1 Make sure your video card model is supported

The RE0 audio hack has nothing to do with the black screen. But I suggest you search for your issue in other forum threads first, maybe you are not the only one with this problem. I can play the game with no issues in latest revisions.

themorphetic

(06-05-2009, 04:15 PM)zezoman Wrote: [ -> ]Prerequisites:
1. Update your .NET Framework platform
2. Update your DirectX 9
3. Install latest VisualC++ redistributable package
4. Update your video card drivers
4.1 Make sure your video card model is supported

The RE0 audio hack has nothing to do with the black screen. But I suggest you search for your issue in other forum threads first, maybe you are not the only one with this problem. I can play the game with no issues in latest revisions.

I have this game running on about 22 FPBS and 17 or 18 when there's zombies, it's kinda slow but playable most part of time.
The big pain in the ass is when I finish the train part the game simply freezes. Don't you have this problem too?

I'm using the 32bit 2195 version because I couldn't extract the new one 64 or 32 bit (I have XP 32 and Vista 64 in my PC). I don't know why when I execute the VN Build 3404 nothing happens, it just show very quickly a prompt's bçack screen and nothing more.
I wonder if the it's extracting the files in some directory I don't know... =P
it should probably be DEP (data execution prevention) keep blocking dolphin.
i don't know the ultimate solution, but if we only could either turn off DEP or make dolphin compatible to DEP Exception list..... Sad
(06-21-2009, 05:24 PM)themorphetic Wrote: [ -> ]I have this game running on about 22 FPBS and 17 or 18 when there's zombies, it's kinda slow but playable most part of time.
The big pain in the ass is when I finish the train part the game simply freezes. Don't you have this problem too?

I'm using the 32bit 2195 version because I couldn't extract the new one 64 or 32 bit (I have XP 32 and Vista 64 in my PC). I don't know why when I execute the VN Build 3404 nothing happens, it just show very quickly a prompt's bçack screen and nothing more.
I wonder if the it's extracting the files in some directory I don't know... =P

I play the PAL version and FPS never drops below 22. Rev2406 x64.