Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How usable is netplay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FabledGumbo

I've been trying to get Gauntlet: Dark Legacy to work in netplay with a few friends and myself to relive some of the glory days of couch co-op. Anyhow, upon starting it up, my game seems to work correctly, but the other people seem to be out of sync even at startup. The only real reasons I could think this might be happening is because we use PS3 controllers, which were mentioned to not work on netplay a while back, and I use 64 bit dolphin while the person I tested it with used 32 bit.

I tried a few different buffering settings, but nothing higher than the default 20 and none seemed to wield better results. Anyhow, I'm using r7639, dual core disabled, DSP LLE recompiler, audio throttle disabled, memory card disabled, and direct3D9 for graphics. The other person was also using the same settings.

Any ideas of what I could do to make this work correctly?
The type of physical gamepad being used would never affect netplay.
Make sure you both enable the correct number of gamepads like the netplay dialog states.
You aught to use the same version of dolphin, same revision and build. (Both of you should use x64 or x86)

FabledGumbo

(06-29-2011, 03:55 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The type of physical gamepad being used would never affect netplay.
Make sure you both enable the correct number of gamepads like the netplay dialog states.
You aught to use the same version of dolphin, same revision and build. (Both of you should use x64 or x86)

I tried again with a person on 64 bit and got it to work somewhat. After fiddling with it for a while we got the gamepads working so that it was more or less playable. Only problem now is that when we play it together the game speed drops significantly, like, to around 15-20 fps. I assume it's just the other person's computer, but is there anything to do to help fix this?

Edit: Also, where's the "null audio" option?