Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem when copying dolphin to another folder!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
O.k, originally I downloaded dolphin into my downloads folder, and its been there for a while now. However I would prefer dolphin to be in its own folder, to keep things tidy. The problem is when I copy dolphin and its associated files into there own folder and run dolphin from that folder, all the setting are reset and my games are gone. I just want to know is this a problem because I am copying the files? Or am I likely just missing a file?, sorry to be a bit vague.
What file does dolphin save its settings and game saves in? I think these are most likely the files I am missing.

(06-28-2011, 06:09 AM)counterman2 Wrote: [ -> ]O.k, originally I downloaded dolphin into my downloads folder, and its been there for a while now. However I would prefer dolphin to be in its own folder, to keep things tidy. The problem is when I copy dolphin and its associated files into there own folder and run dolphin from that folder, all the setting are reset and my games are gone. I just want to know is this a problem because I am copying the files? Or am I likely just missing a file?, sorry to be a bit vague.
What file does dolphin save its settings and game saves in? I think these are most likely the files I am missing.

Do you have the user/config folder and .ini files within your new folder?
(06-28-2011, 06:43 AM)vipster Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2011, 06:09 AM)counterman2 Wrote: [ -> ]O.k, originally I downloaded dolphin into my downloads folder, and its been there for a while now. However I would prefer dolphin to be in its own folder, to keep things tidy. The problem is when I copy dolphin and its associated files into there own folder and run dolphin from that folder, all the setting are reset and my games are gone. I just want to know is this a problem because I am copying the files? Or am I likely just missing a file?, sorry to be a bit vague.

Found out I was missing languages, sys and user files. I unzipped a new version 3 of dolphin to see what files were unpacked and found I was missing those from my folder, my downloads folder was in a bit of a mess, dolphins working fine again now.

(06-28-2011, 06:58 AM)counterman2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2011, 06:43 AM)vipster Wrote: [ -> ]

Found out I was missing languages, sys and user files. I unzipped a new version 3 of dolphin to see what files were unpacked and found I was missing those from my folder, my downloads folder was in a bit of a mess, dolphins working fine again now.

swt Smile