Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0 BUG : ZTP Speedup Hack doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yet another rushed Dolphin release Sad

The Zelda Twilight Princess Speedup Hack is broken in the latest stable release.

Hyrule Field runs at the same (dog slow) speed with the hack enabled or disabled, even when using EFB to Texture (enabled by editing the Game Config .ini).
I knew there was something fishy going on besides the slowdowns from around the time of the fifo rewrite. I remember trying to enable the hack and it didn't work, something probably broke the hack, it's not unlikely especially with all the major rewrites or merging of things.

blade86sam

This is regarding the Wii version of Twilight princess
Well i don't know if the developers realized this, most probably have.. i'm also not sure if this is where i should post this but here is wat i noticed...

Hyrule is slow yup (50-70% game speed)... i set wire frame (on), and noticed that the world is "Mirrored" .. basically mirrored back to how it was originally before release.

Wire frame (on):
if i end up wanting to go left, in wire frame i go right... the sword is also on my left, the trail of our "navi" goes the opposite direction of where navi is actually going (lol xD).

Anyways.. if the developers read this, i hope this gives u another idea (if you haven't noticed this) on how to fix this issue Smile

Take care,
Sam

p.s. maybe its normal, i don't know, just posting things i see out in the open to hopefully pushing a "light on" button which ends up making this the perfect of perfect emulators of the century Smile lol

Shit, is this really true?

I haven't had a chance trying Dolphin 3.0 so much, let alone this game.
I guess I have to try it out myself to discover the horrible truth, it's that bad huh?
What a relief the ZTP Speedup Hack seems to work just fine here in 3.0
100% speed at HLE and 80-85% speed with LLE in Hyrule field, with the rest of the game stable 100% speed.
I use the official x64 3.0 from the Google site and playing the GC version of the game using EFB to RAM.

3.0 kicks ass! It's not rushed and I don't see the bug.
And if this concerns the Wii version only then I think it would be more proper to label the thread as that because GC version works as perfect as it get's with the ZTP Speedup Hack.
I have not tried 3.0 yet, so i cannot tell, but according to 1 of the project members (pie...@pirsoft.de) the hack works fine, and the speed problem is perhaps something else. I am just going to copy-paste the comment i am talking about:

"It is still working like designed, but you need to make sure you don't have the "undecided" variant of the checkbox. That one just seems to retain the behavior of the last emulator run.
The difference is visible on hyrule field(or any other non-dungeon area); the green wall elements of the hud map grow black borders when the hack is disabled.
There may be another new source of slowdown."

This is the latest comment from issue 4662
(07-01-2011, 07:13 PM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]I am just going to copy-paste the comment i am talking about:

"It is still working like designed, but you need to make sure you don't have the "undecided" variant of the checkbox. That one just seems to retain the behavior of the last emulator run.
The difference is visible on hyrule field(or any other non-dungeon area); the green wall elements of the hud map grow black borders when the hack is disabled.
There may be another new source of slowdown."

This is the latest comment from issue 4662

That part explains a lot, I always use ticked check boxes and not the "undecided" ones since I know exactly which game that needs which type of settings to use and function correctly.