Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sometimes hang at save-screen playing G Generation World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I found out that when enterng the save screen to try to save in G Generation World,
Sometimes it will load the saves list successfully and allow me to save.
But sometimes it is just unable to show the saves list and and it just stays at that screen not allowing me to exit or do whatever, forcing me to restart the application.

It is quite frustrating that it fails while trying to save. Please help.
I should clarify that when I say "hangs",
it's actually "stuck at the game-saves screen where the game-saves list fail to show up, but the music continues to play and some screen element continues to animate, and clicking any buttons has no effect"

Further observations:
I tried saving with the dolphin-save everytime before I go in the game-save screen.
When I got the game-save screen hang, I would load the dolphin-save and try go in the save screen again. It would still hang for all the reload I tried.
That means something has caused the hang to happen later even before I save with dolphin-save.

Also, when that happens, going to the game-load screen also hangs.
Some games got prob with saves it could be one of them... are your loading phases slow or fast? if it's slow you can try Speed Up Disc Transfer maybe it will make save screens appear more easily...
Normally its fine.
It's just that I'm like rolling a dice, going into the has a 10% chance of hanging......... No wait, there is never a problem on the first load and first save.
Actually, it seems to only happen after I have saved several times (the game is a turn based game, so I tends to save it every-several turns).

I will from now on try to note down the duration before I hang and number of times of saves/loads before I hang.