Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Initial Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kturcotte

Just downloaded 3.0, and I'm wondering how I should set everything up. I want it to run games with as much graphic and audio detail as possible, but also run fast and stable. This is my current hardware:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Core i7 920 (NOT overclocked)
ATI Radeon HD5870 Video Card (DirectX11 Capable)
6 GBs DDR3 RAM
7200 RPM SATA Hard Drives

Video and audio are output via HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR5007 A/V receiver (1080p capable) and then via HDMI to an LG 47LH90 47" HDTV (1080p capable)

Are different settings required for different games? I DON'T want to have to go in and change settings for every game I play, unless there's a way to go in and do it once, and then save it like a profile, and have it auto load the profile along with the game. If that's not possible, I just want 1 setting for all games, with the above in mind (Run games with as much graphic and audio detail as possible, but also run fast and stable). These are the games I intend to play:

Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Gamecube)
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (When it gets released)
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Skies of Arcadia

Thanks
I don't think that's how it works, each game carries its respective setting.
You've many threads at your disposal, use the search function.
However, if you right click on the interface and toggle properties, you can administer certain settings to games applicable.

Assuming not much has change, this is generally how things flow.

kturcotte

I also need a Bluetooth Adapter for the WiiMote that works with Windows 7 64-bit. Suggestions? Also, anyway to use my Wavebird Controller for the Gamecube games?
Any old dongle will do. I use this
As for your controller, I don't see why not. Map keys with third party software such as xpadder or joy2key if Dolphin itself does not recognize the device.