Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay: how to connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys. I'm playing Monster Hunter 3 [wii game] on Dolphin, and until a hour ago I didn't even imagine I could play online. Then I looked on google for something about Netplay and how it works, however I found nothing actually useful. Maybe I didn't check well enough, but I guess that's why here's a Support section. Could someone tell me step by step how to connect with that thing, please?
netplay is just lan support
there is no way to play on wfc (nintendo online platform)
Uhm. Does it enable online-exclusive features? In this game, thare are many things you are only allowed to do online; you can also play them all solo, if you wish. I mean, I don't really care about playing with other people. I suppose that the files needed to play online are all stored in your copy of the game, because when something is unlocked online you can bring it with you offline. If nobody can aswer the question, please instruct me about Netplay and I will try out by myself.
No.
Neat and clear. Thank you.
the possibilty to play the only online content is given,
when you install the mods for this

use the search function
(its somewhere in the mh3 master thread) page 40-50
ffs, to make this clear: You'll be able to play online content (whatever that is in mh3, I never played that game), but you will NOT be able to actually play online with other people using the official (WFC) online mode.

dannzen, you should improve on your phrasing, you (kinda) made it sound like he could play online using some external mods. Thanks.
So, Neo, why did you reply me "No."? I was just asking if I could get access to online contents, stating that I barely care about playing with others. Me little confused here, *bzzz*. I managed to find that thread dannzen was talking about, though it appears that only some of the contents are unlocked with those mods; moreover, they replace a portion of the offline game. I am thankful to dannzen for the great hint, but I still want to connect using Netplay and try out what can be done after. Yes, I'm stubborn Tongue Could someone amongst you write down what should I do in order to use Netplay properly?
Erm, admittedly I was just reading your first few sentences and thought you were trying to play online using our NetPlay rather than using the official online mode (WFC).

Then again I apparently was partially right - you cannot do any sort of "real" online gameplay using our NetPlay stuff. Imagine our NetPlay feature as a way to connect a virtual gamecube controller which can be controlled by a friend on the local network (not sure if it even works with the wiimote, yet).
monster Hunter tri supports classic controller @NeoBrain
@Luciferoh

you could create 2 iso's of monster hunter tri
1 patched
1 normal

so you can switch between these versions. i think/hope that they are sharing the same title folder for savegames
and yes, the mod is replacing the offline content...

(forget the idea of NetPlay it wont add any content to monster hunter tri,
its more like splitscreen)
Pages: 1 2