Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which Mac for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rcmadiax

I'm planning on getting a Mac sometime within the next 3 - 6 months and I'm having trouble trying to figure out which one to get. I wont really be doing anything graphic intensive except for Dolphin Emulation. I would really like to pick up a MacBook Air since they are so light and use flash memory. Is the NVIDIA 320M 256MB graphics powerful enough? Or am I pretty much forced to go with a MacBook Pro and the ATI 6490M 256MB? There is also an option for a ATI 6750M 1GB for more $$$. I just don't know what the difference would be. Anyone help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Don't buy a mac...
Get a good PC, that is much faster and costs the half of a mac...
I tell you 1 thing : Dolphin produces alot of heat .So Macbook Air is out , get Macbook Pro 2011 with Ati 6750M
Btw, Mac is overpriced

rcmadiax

For those that use a Mac with Dolphin on the forums, what type do you have and how does it perform? Also if I go with a MacBook Pro Core i7 with AMD 6750m 1gb and I go with Windows 7 via bootcamp would that run most 1st party games? Thanks!
(06-22-2011, 06:43 AM)rcmadiax Wrote: [ -> ]For those that use a Mac with Dolphin on the forums, what type do you have and how does it perform? Also if I go with a MacBook Pro Core i7 with AMD 6750m 1gb and I go with Windows 7 via bootcamp would that run most 1st party games? Thanks!

If you are going to be running Windows anyways, you could save yourself 1000 dollars and not get a Mac.
I have a 2011 21.5 imac i5 quad-core 2.5 ghz with turbo boost 2.0. has a AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB and 4gb ram.

My performance is good. gamecube games run full speed. Most wii games run close to full speed, some of the higher demanding games such as Mario galaxy, donkey kong country returns,etc run 70-100% cpu. never seen a game run below 70% yet. I have been checking temperatures and does not get overly hot or anything.
imac is not a macbook...

(06-22-2011, 08:31 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2011, 06:43 AM)rcmadiax Wrote: [ -> ]For those that use a Mac with Dolphin on the forums, what type do you have and how does it perform? Also if I go with a MacBook Pro Core i7 with AMD 6750m 1gb and I go with Windows 7 via bootcamp would that run most 1st party games? Thanks!

If you are going to be running Windows anyways, you could save yourself 1000 dollars and not get a Mac.

but jeah save yourself 1000 dollars...
buy a i7-2600k rig nvidia 560ti ~ 800-1000dollar (100% speed in every game)
+ a Lenovo Notebook ~ 500dollar
= still below macbook pro price
its a win win situation for you
However, the 13-inch: 2.7 GHz macbook pro looks like it might be able to run dolphin good except I am not sure how good they would be with dealing with heat. I assume they would be worse then the imac for heat since they are considerably thinner and the imac is already small. It is a little expensive at 1499 though...
is there a reason for you to buy a mac?
work? Graphic designer?
I ate an Apple after supper a while ago, delicious!

Seriously speaking DON'T buy a Mac, you'll regret it.
Best bet is to build a rig and install Windows 7, Dolphin will love you for it.