Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't remember my settings in Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed Ubuntu Natty, and installed Dolphin via Glennricster's PPA. I've used this combo before, with great results. However, Dolphin keeps forgetting my settings. Every time I open up the program, I need to tell it where my ISO's are, and go through all of the configuration...General, Video, etc. Is it related to the r7610 release?

Ubuntu Linux 11.04 Natty 64
AMD Athlon 64 6000+ x2 dual-core 3.1GHz
NVidia GeForce 8600 GT
4 GB RAM
My settings are also forgotten as soon as I boot up a game.
Thanks Guys, for all of your help.

It is clear that you are all experts with Dolphin, because of how promptly my situation was resolved. Honestly, how can you all claim to be 'Dolphin Support' if you don't even communicate, ask questions, and walk me through the steps to solve the problem? Didn't you guys write the program? Surely you know the way it should run.

Well, here is the solution:

I'm not too sure about Windows, because I have no regrets about walking away from that OS...but in Ubuntu Linux, Dolphin is stored in the 'home' folder. Inside that folder is a sub-folder called 'Config'. That is where Dolphin stores all of the configuration files. During the latest Dolphin auto-update, that folder disappeared. Dolphin couldn't save my configuration, because it didn't have a folder to save it in. All I needed to do was create a folder within Dolphin called "Config", and Dolphin did the rest.

Thank you all for your time and patience. You've been a great help.
I'd say you got your money's worth of support.
For reference, I think glenn recently fixed this bug. The config folder should be automatically generated now.