Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Brand new, be gentle.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys been using dolphin for about 2 weeks now and it seems great (megaman 9 & 10 are kinds slow) as I can play lots of Wii and GC games with no issues. However I have a question. I am trying to find out if the computer I gave my girl will be strong enough to run dolphin well for most wii games.

I built an I7 system back in January of last year and I gave my girl most of the parts from my old computer. I gave her a C2D E6550 (2.33 ghz) 4 gigs of ddr2 667 ram, windows 7 x64, GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R mobo and bought her a 500 watt psu.

The only thing she needs is a better gpu, as I put in an old 6200 le they had laying around. They don't use the computer for much but ms office so a super strong gpu is not needed, but I want to know if I get a HD 5450 will dolphin work well with the other specs i mentioned.

Will probably oc the cpu to around 2.6. Thanks in advance for any info. Also, if this thread is not in the right spot or there is a dedicated thread for these kinds of questions please let me know.
Honestly, the CPU speed is pretty much everything Dolphin relies on in terms of speed.
A better graphics card than the 5450 will just be needed if she wants to use 3x internal resolution or 9xSSAA/16xAF on Full HD.
cpu, no, slow
gpu, no, slow
(06-21-2011, 02:53 AM)sixor Wrote: [ -> ]cpu, no, slow
gpu, no, slow

Care to elaborate a lil bit?
Some games will work alright but most will not make it to full speed.
(06-21-2011, 07:01 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Some games will work alright but most will not make it to full speed.

Ok, guess I will build her a ci3 setup at a later date

Michiyo

Honestly I don't think dolphin needs that powerful of a GPU. Emulators are normally very CPU based.
Well looks like the c2d won't cut it for full speed so i'll look into one of the cheaper ci3 cpu and mobos and pick up a 5450.