Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: General Emulation: Suggestion for Interface Standard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a suggestion for a default interface standard that could be a guide for all emulators. I'm posting it in the Dolphin forums because the Dolphin interface is the one I'm most fond of overall.
  • The default fullscreen mode resize the window and hides the taskbar, it does not enter any 'real' fullscreen mode by using some kind of release and recreate DDraw surface or anything like that: [Image: thumbsup.gif] Dolphin (yes, that's the default fullscreen mode) | [Image: thumbsup.gif] nullDC (the Fullscreen (Auto) mode does that) | [Image: thumbsup.gif] VisualBoyAdvance (the Other Fullscreen Mode) | (-) pSX (does that, but only if you first select your current desktop resolution as the fullscreen resolution) | [Image: thumbsdown.gif] Other emulators does not do that
  • Esc toggles fullscreen: [Image: thumbsup.gif] Dolphin (used to do that) | Kega Fusion | Project 64 | [Image: thumbsdown.gif] Other emulators does not do that
  • The graphics settings has an internal (with a default as native) resolution option (if applicable, 2D only systems don't have that) and aspect ration settings: [Image: thumbsup.gif] Dolphin (yes, if the other options are moved to an advanced section it's just as good of an example as GSdx) | GSdx for PCSX2 (the best example) | (-) Pete's ePSXe plugins (the OpenGL2 plugins has good internal resolution options, native, 2x etc but it also have all the advanced options that you rather want to forget about on the same page) | [Image: thumbsdown.gif] nullDC (it doesn't have any separate internal resolution option, it's the same as the window size or fullscreen window size) | Lot's of other emulators lack good internal resolution options, no N64 plugins has a native resolution option, lot's of arcade emulators lack it too, the Sega Model 2 Emulator, ZiNc (Sony ZN-1, ZN-2), VivaNonno (Namco System 22)

LuisR14

(06-04-2009, 07:57 AM)John Peterson Wrote: [ -> ][*]Esc toggles fullscreen: [Image: thumbsup.gif] Dolphin (used to do that)
that changed to "Alt+Enter" Smile