Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Turbo ? :o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All in title ^^
No way you could make an "turbo" option for some games like starefox ?
Sounds delicious, I'd love to play stare fox with you.

And to actually go to turbo mode, just turn off the Framelimit. Thing is though, unless your PC is a beast (like mine Tongue) it's not going to help very much.
If there was a magical way to use "turbo" to make games faster there would be no need for a "turbo button", it would just be enabled at all times. I'm sure game specific hacks could be made, but they probably will not be.
you can also disable the framlimiter temporary by holding down tab key down, if your system has the power it can be a turbo of sorts
I think he is talking about a turbo for button press.
he is talking about the "TAB" button from the gameboy snes emulators... which deactivates the frame limiter and the games are running with 1000%

jeah but if dolphin runs with 80% to the max... removing these limiter does nothing
But if you deactivate framelimit and activate framelimit it schould work.
(06-19-2011, 05:55 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]he is talking about the "TAB" button from the gameboy snes emulators... which deactivates the frame limiter and the games are running with 1000%

jeah but if dolphin runs with 80% to the max... removing these limiter does nothing

Yeah, but Gameboy emulators use much less cpu which makes this sort of thing possible. When emulating the GC/Wii you are using nearly 100% of your cpu at all times, so there isn't any really any spare cpu cycles to speed the emulator up. Basically turning the frame limiter and audio throttle off is the same as the "turbo" feature in Gameboy emulators, the op can try that but don't expect it to speed up the emulator much, if at all.

What´s about Frameskip?
Frameskip is effectively useless if you aren't using 5 year old hardware.
Pages: 1 2