Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suggests?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Yure16

I have an Acer Apire 5315 and I think to make an upgrade: change my processor for a Core 2 Duo. Looking for virtual vitrines, I see a computer with this combination. I have to update my BIOS (my processor driver and video board drive are OK)? I can't found an answer on brazilian foruns and I just want to play SSBB.Sad
Excuse me , no offense , but , what 's the question ?

LuisR14

he wants to upgrade to a newer cpu (by getting a newer pc) Smile
(06-04-2009, 12:34 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]he wants to upgrade to a newer cpu (by getting a newer pc) Smile

I just dont get it , buy a new cpu or a new computer ?

Luis we really need a translation here ^^

LuisR14

well actually, i think he wants to upgrade to a Core 2 Duo cpu and he found that he needs to upgrade his bios or something, and he wants advice on how to upgrade it (i think that's what it is Undecided)
Well , then Yure , you certainly need to go to the Acer forums , I m not sure anyone here will have the answer !!^^(surprise me^^)
Asus has asus update , that you can use to update your Bios directly from Windows , without a floppy , maybe Acer has the same kind of software !

Yure16

Excuse, people!Big GrinI want to change my prcessor, just this. I'm newbie, can I change just the processor?Huh
Or I have to change my CPU too (it will be hard; my computer is a laptopSad)

LuisR14

aah, that's what i thought first ^_^

well it depends on if the laptop has the right cpu socket for the cpu that you want Smile

Yure16

How to? What is "socked"? Ah, DolphinIL crashes when I run SSBB, but in Dolphin Hacked for Intel just happen an error. Advice me: you think I have to overclock my processor?
(06-04-2009, 04:16 AM)Yure16 Wrote: [ -> ]How to? What is "socked"? Ah, DolphinIL crashes when I run SSBB, but in Dolphin Hacked for Intel just happen an error. Advice me: you think I have to overclock my processor?

A socket is like... a socket. Different CPUs have different types of sockets (think of a jigsaw puzzle... and you're on the right track).

With regards to your Core 2 Duo, they are typically 'Socket 775'.

Oh and also, you should upgrade your graphics card as well, or your PC won't run Dolphin properly. Or wait until the developers have released a better version of Dolphin which is less buggy.
Pages: 1 2