Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker heat effect issue (Surround/Eyefinity)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there. I've encountered a recent rendering issue while using Dolphin revision 7576 64bit. Upon entering the "dungeon entrance" to Dragon Roost Island, the heat wave effects will actually screw with the aspect ratio of the rendered game. This is of course, much more tolerable on a single monitor 4:3 ratio, but since I am running a ratio of 48:10 at 5760x1200, it definitely shows. Here's a screen:

click to view screenshot

I realize this has been asked about way back in 2009, but since it's now 2011, I'd figure it would be worth a shot to ask and see if there's a solution to the heat effect yet.

Anything you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
There is no fix for this yet.
(06-14-2011, 10:56 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]There is no fix for this yet.

Ouch, just like that.

Absolutely nothing can be done then? Not even disabling it or something?
(06-14-2011, 10:56 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]There is no fix for this yet.

Yet?
I run dolphin emu 3 an x86 windows vista. Actually I was having the same problem except that my screen froze and the cutscene image replaced the part I was playing. So I got a weird distorted view that was half cutscene images and half the location i was playing...it was near unbareable. I couldnt even see wtf i was doing.

So what I did was I set EFB copies to ram, enable the Zelda twilight princess bloom hack under properties and set the texture cache all the way to safe. Now this definitely helped with the fire effect. All I have now is a wierd ripple effect but at least I can see. Try these settings and see if they help you.

NOTE: unfortunately it will slow down your emulation speed a lot. But it does help.