Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error loading save state with The New Super Mario Brothers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Angry Deuce

I'd like to apologize in advance if this has been covered already, please feel free to link me to another forum post that may help if it has been.

Basically, it's like the title says, been using Dolphin flawlessly for about a week now, but for some random reason my latest save state for NSMB seems not to be working. I doubt it's a corruption issue, because when I load the save state (after booting up the game) I can hear the music for the right stage playing, but the screen doesn't update. It's like the audio loads but the video doesn't, if that makes any sense.

I didn't notice any error messages, and I tried googling for info but there's just so many random suggestions that don't even make sense; for instance, disabling dual-core mode. Why would that have anything to do with the save state? I've been using it for a week with dual-core mode on with no problems whatsoever, and have loaded the save state many times without issue before. This problem pretty much came completely out of nowhere...

Anyway, thanks for any assistance. If any further information is needed (my hardware, etc) I will be happy to provide it, just let me know.
In dual core mode, the save state needs to capture the state of both cores at once, which I guess just doesn't always succeed, or it's because the emulator isn't fully deterministic. While these suggestions may improve the stability of your next save states, they won't fix a broken one... you can always stick to regular saves instead