Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU and Video cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard a rumor that intel cpus work best with nVidia cards, while ATI cards work best with AMD processors. Is this true, or is it a myth?

Angry Deuce

(06-14-2011, 03:34 AM)dmeagher101 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard a rumor that intel cpus work best with nVidia cards, while ATI cards work best with AMD processors. Is this true, or is it a myth?

ATI and AMD are pretty much the same company now, and there's a few things I've noticed having to do with new software for ATI cards that works if you've got an AMD CPU.

That being said, for now you're pretty much okay in any combination. They wouldn't cripple their cards because of CPU, because from a business standpoint that'd just be dumb. Intel, or AMD, you should be just fine.

Personally, I've been using a pair of ATI HD 4670's in Crossfire with an Intel Core2Quad Q6600 for a few years now with no issues at all (outside of the microstuttering that is inherent in multi-GPU builds, which is kinda annoying, look it up on youtube if you've never heard of it, there's videos). The computer I built for my sister-in-law a couple months ago has a 45nm i7 with a 5870 and hasn't had an issue yet.

Can't tell you anything about Nvidia, though...everyone I know pretty much went ATI this time around LOL
myth 0-2% difference to the max