Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ok, this is weird...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
no matter what I do my FPS rate doesn't change... the ONLY thing that affects it is changing the internal res... all other changes to the settings don't seem to do anything.

I'm trying with a couple different games just to be sure but mainly playing with DK. I can turn AF to1x and AA to none - 35 FPS... turn AF to 16x and AA to 9x - 35FPS. I've just tried changing almost every single option in Graphics Settings - 35 FPS.

Huh

oh, and my system

2.4 q6600 w/3g RAM (is an xps420 btw)
EVGA overclocked 8800gt (core700 and mem1000)
FPS limit off? audio throttle off?
(06-10-2011, 03:46 PM)00pontiac Wrote: [ -> ]no matter what I do my FPS rate doesn't change... the ONLY thing that affects it is changing the internal res... all other changes to the settings don't seem to do anything.

I'm trying with a couple different games just to be sure but mainly playing with DK. I can turn AF to1x and AA to none - 35 FPS... turn AF to 16x and AA to 9x - 35FPS. I've just tried changing almost every single option in Graphics Settings - 35 FPS.

Huh

oh, and my system

2.4 q6600 w/3g RAM (is an xps420 btw)
EVGA overclocked 8800gt (core700 and mem1000)

Usually this means that you are CPU limited.
oh yeah, made sure the limiters were off...

ahh... makes sense Link... never looked over at my monitors, I'll do that tonite and see, might be it
well it sounded good, but all cores have loads of about only 50%

so what else I wonder.
Your CPU is weak , 2.4ghz ain't do (quad core doesn't matter with dolphin anyway)
Overclock to 3.4Ghz !
(06-11-2011, 02:13 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is weak , 2.4ghz ain't do (quad core doesn't matter with dolphin anyway)
Overclock to 3.4Ghz !

why would the cpu load not be maxed then? have lots of games, apps, that puts full load on all cores. I realize dolphin is not optimized for quads, but was under the impression that it does take advantage of them. and again, the cpu load is spread evenly amongst all 4 Huh

weak? it's older, yes Smile but still performs very well actually. have brand new pc games too, no complaints there!

and yes, I've been thinking more and more recently of overclocking the cpu... hate the back and forth opinions on the subject Undecided 3.4 is a huge oc... seen it done tho...
GC games can work with 2.4Ghz for Wii it's anotha story...