Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fastest version of Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play Gotcha Force in Dolphin, but I can't get past a maximum of 50 fps at the title screen. I've tried three different versions (r7590, r7584 and 2.0) and every combination of every configurable setting I could think of that might increase the speed, and it doesn't work.
If there is a faster version of Dolphin, could someone direct me to which one might help my situation and how to configure it for maximum speed?
(By the way, I have a single-core laptop running Windows 7 32-bit with 2GB of RAM (apparently, 1.75 usable?) and I have very limited technological knowledge. And, if possible, I want to be able to play in 720p HD.)
what about your processor? anyway single core/laptop/small RAM it's weak...
(06-10-2011, 12:50 PM)Death Eye Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to play Gotcha Force in Dolphin, but I can't get past a maximum of 50 fps at the title screen. I've tried three different versions (r7590, r7584 and 2.0) and every combination of every configurable setting I could think of that might increase the speed, and it doesn't work.
If there is a faster version of Dolphin, could someone direct me to which one might help my situation and how to configure it for maximum speed?
(By the way, I have a single-core laptop running Windows 7 32-bit with 2GB of RAM (apparently, 1.75 usable?) and I have very limited technological knowledge. And, if possible, I want to be able to play in 720p HD.)

No matter what version your specs are too low for Dolphin.
Then how powerful of a computer do I need? I checked the system requirements, and what I saw there was 40% gibberish to me due to my technological incompetence.
Min : Fast dual core at 3ghz
Good Enough : 3.4ghz
Fullspeed 90% games : 4ghz
Since you wanna play at 720p , buy a decent video card
In other word , get the strongest CPU on the market : Sandy Bridge or the old i series with overclocking
VERY GOOD i5 should be enough... Wink

inanu

I'm surprised you're even getting 50fps, thats one godly laptop you got der :]