Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Future of the emulator dolphin and actual processors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does the dolphin team have some perspective about actual processors running any game at full speed in the future? I mean, Does dolphin require more power processor than the existents one? or for example a phenon processor can play most games at full speed depending of the emulator future changings?
You mean will the requirements increase? They have increased a little lately, but still much lower than a couple of years ago
as it becomes more accurate it will require more power(example of ultra accurate emualtor is the Bsnes recommending a 2.0ghz processor and a fair amount of ram compared to other). which is where it wants to get to because if it is accurate then it will run games at optimal playing states. but for wii to be 100% accurate would require alot more power than most people have today. but if they could keep it fairly accurate and correct with a cpu like the core i7(1st gen) under 4.0ghz and not need a monster GPU to make AA usable in alot of games then it would be fine i think. but on that basis, the core i7 sandy bridge is 17% faster clock for clock than its 1st gen farther. and ivybridge is doing to add another 20% clock for clock speed up over sandybridge. so you will never need more than like 3.5-4ghz cpus to run it because the CPUs should be adding the speed as long as the emulator is accurate enough
intel is better than amd... (for dolphin)