Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What format is best for my games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

blueblur22

I have riped a few of my games using 2 different methods. The 2 resultes were 1) ISO and 2) GCM.

Are one of these 2 files faster or more efficient to play? Huh The GCM format games seem to run with higher fps then the ISOs, but I wanted an official opinion.

Also, are there any other formats that may be even more efficient to use?

LASTLY, does anybody know a simple method to convert various GameCube games into whichever the best format is?
There are no differences really, Dolphin would work good with both
the only difference is that GCM is the correct name
iso is just way much handier to understand that its a disk image Tongue (altho the iso's we use aren't really iso's XD )

cmccmc

actually you should try compressing them with dolphin to GCZ. thats the best because they work exactly the same but it's compressed.

blueblur22

(06-03-2009, 11:37 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]actually you should try compressing them with dolphin to GCZ. thats the best because they work exactly the same but it's compressed.

But it clearly states that there is a good chance it will just corrupt/damage the GCM file if it is compressed with this tool. If it were not for this, I would have already done it. I don't want to have to re-rip my game discs.Undecided

I may still try compressing a few anyway...Sleepy
Just make backup of the game and try to compress
(06-04-2009, 02:54 PM)blueblur22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2009, 11:37 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]actually you should try compressing them with dolphin to GCZ. thats the best because they work exactly the same but it's compressed.

But it clearly states that there is a good chance it will just corrupt/damage the GCM file if it is compressed with this tool.
what?
for gamecube games, compression is 100% safe.
for wii games, it's 99% safe Wink
(06-04-2009, 04:39 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]for gamecube games, compression is 100% safe.
99,9999999 for gc Tongue
i corrupted my pso Sad
lolwhat. go look at the compression code, it doesn't break gc -____-
(06-04-2009, 10:42 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]lolwhat. go look at the compression code, it doesn't break gc -____-
it doesn't, i know
i was just REALLY unlucky Wink