Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes while playing games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shinrin

So, i've been trying to play Zelda Wind Waker, and just at random times the game just freezes and i have to forcefully quit out of the emulator. The video freezes and sound freezes when this happens. pressing any button doesn't help at all.

My computer is just a little over a month old, and the current video card i have came out back in march of this year.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II x6 3.2 ghz 1090T processor with 3.6 ghz Turbo core (3 cores only)
8 GB of DDR3 1600
Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB GDDR5
Playing with Game Cube controller (tanks to a device i bought at walmart about 5 years ago or so)
Revision? Settings? (Social Security number? Tongue)

Shinrin

latest revision x32 bit, really haven't mess with the settings just 1 GC memory card, set up the game cube controller to work with it, 1080p resolution, with the wide screen hack enable with wide screen. so i dunno.

also my SS number is xxx-xx-xxxx XD
(06-09-2011, 12:24 PM)Shinrin Wrote: [ -> ]latest revision x32 bit

Define "latest"

(06-09-2011, 12:24 PM)Shinrin Wrote: [ -> ]also my SS number is xxx-xx-xxxx XD

Mine too! Tongue

Shinrin

(06-09-2011, 12:32 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2011, 12:24 PM)Shinrin Wrote: [ -> ]latest revision x32 bit

Define "latest"
r7590

without any settings we can't (eventually) help you...

Ayreos

First check if this error happens with other games as well.
If so it may be the following issue: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=4568
You can check the exception code in exceptioninfo.txt, which should be in Dolphin's main folder.

If you see a "0xC0000005" there then it's the persistent error some people are having with latest 7000 series builds...

Chilly0123

im having the same problem, dolphin seems to freeze/hang randomly after about 5-10 minutes of playing with every single gamecube and wii game i've tried (about 30 different games, most are mario titles). i never had this problem on my old pc, but my new one doesn't seem to like any revision of the emulator. i have to constantly use the save/load states to play any game now, it freezes/hangs so often i never can play long enough to get to a save point in any game...

currently using: Dolphin-win-x64-r7590 (left all default settings, only changed controls to use my usb joystick)
pc specs: windows 7 ultimate sp 1
proccessor: amd phenom 9750, quad core 2.40 ghz
ram: 4gb
system type: 64 bit
graphics card: ati radeon hd 4800