Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP-LLE mac os
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am now playing my copy of mario galaxy 2 and works great but hear you have to use the lle sound plugin. I haven't had any issues but hear crashes will occur later in the game. My issue is that when I enable the lle sound option, games will not start. Are there any revisions on the mac that work with this sound plugin or is it not compatible with mac os?
So long as you don't dump the DSP's ROM and COEFficients from your real GC/Wii (using an homebrew app that dumps those files for you), you won't be able to make LLE run here.
If that's the issue (or if the dumps are incorrect), then shouldn't you have seen warning message boxes telling you that? (dunno if LLE is "stable and working" with OSX, I assume it will be)

For the record, LLE stands for low-level emulation and is way more accurate than HLE emulation (and thus has a lot less issues compared to HLE); but since the DSP is hard to emulate this way, unless you happen to have a powerful 64-bit CPU (and a x64 OS), LLE will heavily slow down a number of games (especially those that play numerous samples at times or in "sequenced" music for example).
(06-08-2011, 08:58 PM)Dimitri Wrote: [ -> ]So long as you don't dump the DSP's ROM and COEFficients from your real GC/Wii (using an homebrew app that dumps those files for you), you won't be able to make LLE run here.
Do you know if it's possible to obtain these dumps from a source other than a physical wii? My family owns a wii and the game that I am trying to emulate, but I am currently living in Argentina.
(05-23-2013, 10:56 PM)kingkongufulgus Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if it's possible to obtain these dumps from a source other than a physical wii? My family owns a wii and the game that I am trying to emulate, but I am currently living in Argentina.

Use latest builds and you won't need to dump these files. A free DSP is provided in there
LordVador, I have the latest Dolphin build for OSX and SMG2 will not start if I select either LLE recompiler or interpreter. I read something about an iROM that allows games that use the Zelda ucode (whatever that is) to run with LLE, but couldn't find a link, and feel over my head anyways. What do you recommend that I do, Lord Vador? Please don't strangle me with the force
I answered to you in the other thread Big Grin .

Anyway it doesn't explain why the game doesn't start with LLE. What do you exactly mean by "doesn't start"? Crash? Black screen? Error message? Explain
I think I'm getting the error message from the earlier versions:

Failed to load DSP ROM: /Users/chani/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/GC/dsp_rom.bin

And nothing happens.

When I run HRE I get the black screen after Mario dances around and celebrates getting the last star in the 1st galaxy
(05-24-2013, 02:18 AM)kingkongufulgus Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'm getting the error message from the earlier versions:

Failed to load DSP ROM: /Users/chani/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/GC/dsp_rom.bin

Go here and get one of the latest "Development versions" (not "Stable versions")
ah cool! You rule man. I found this page, which was confusing the **** out of me!

http://dolphin-emu.org/download/branches/?nocr=true
(05-24-2013, 02:41 AM)kingkongufulgus Wrote: [ -> ]ah cool! You rule man. I found this page, which was confusing the **** out of me!

http://dolphin-emu.org/download/branches/?nocr=true

These are side-branches of Dolphin. They are developped in parallel to Master branch
Pages: 1 2