Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay on LAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I'd like to play with some friends on lan by using the netplay mode...

BUT : When i tried, i saw a weird IP (ip removed by daco) when i tried to host (and this is not my network IP. Mine is like 192.168....)
Is there a way to use my own IP ?

I saw a video on youtube, a guy used an old rev, (2895) and he was able to use a Kaillera app.

I think Kaillera is beter (maybe for lan), whe can use every IP, there's some connexion choice (like LAN, Excelent, Good...)

See ya !

LuisR14

(06-03-2009, 12:01 AM)b4bass Wrote: [ -> ]BUT : When i tried, i saw a weird IP (------) when i tried to host (and this is not my network IP. Mine is like 192.168....)
you know your own IP (or how to find out your IP)? Smile
that ip you got is your external ip used on the internet
private ip's from lan can't be used on the internet

also, it shouldn't matter what ip it says, your pc is hosting and afaik it shouldn't matter if its your wan or lan ip its saying. as long as the ppl enter your lan ip if they are in the same building ...
Lol, sorry i was confused by the external IP :p That was the first time i saw it ^^

Ok, but... i still have the same problem... on reallity i want to do some lan partys on my campus (with my friends of colleagues of cours :p)... and because its a campus i cant remote for the outside... and my external ip is unusable in the network (so... for my friends in my campus)
Any idea ?
start->run->cmd->ipconfig
give that ip to your friends and go for it
on vista its -> start -> search for cmd -> ipconfig

LuisR14

(06-06-2009, 09:01 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]on vista its -> start -> search for cmd -> ipconfig
"Start->Programs->Accesories->Command Prompt" Smile