Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games worked perfectly, now never past 70% speed - WITH NO CHANGE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ashwalk

Ok. So... A while back (say like 5 months ago) most games worked at full speed with the best graphics possible. I used the 2.0 version.

So now I decided to start playing again, downloaded most recent revision (7574), and the first one i tried (silent hill shattered memories) was fine for like 5 minutes, then it slowed to 50-75% - from this moment on, all games behave like this. I've tried all combinations of settings possible (even the non-recommended ones), no luck. Same happens with the 2.0 version, which is the weird part.

I've had NO significant software changes besides updates (including Windows 7's SP1 upgrade).

Probably the only major change was when I moved the desktop to the living room to use with a 40" LCD screen (via VGA adapter).

My specs:
Windows 7 64x SP1 (no SP1 before)
Intel Core i5 750 @2.66
4gb DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1gb DDR3
Delta 1010LT audio interface OR MSI High Definition Audio Device (problem happens indepentent of which I use)

Games:
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Metroid Other M
Super Mario Galaxy

I have wiimotes and LLE driver (files dumped from my Wii).

I have also disabled threaded optimization in Nvidia control panel.
And disabled anti-virus (avast).

Please, anyone has any idea of what this might be?
(06-04-2011, 10:46 AM)ashwalk Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. So... A while back (say like 5 months ago) most games worked at full speed with the best graphics possible. I used the 2.0 version.

So now I decided to start playing again, downloaded most recent revision (7574), and the first one i tried (silent hill shattered memories) was fine for like 5 minutes, then it slowed to 50-75% - from this moment on, all games behave like this. I've tried all combinations of settings possible (even the non-recommended ones), no luck. Same happens with the 2.0 version, which is the weird part.

I've had NO significant software changes besides updates (including Windows 7's SP1 upgrade).

Probably the only major change was when I moved the desktop to the living room to use with a 40" LCD screen (via VGA adapter).

My specs:
Windows 7 64x SP1 (no SP1 before)
Intel Core i5 750 @2.66
4gb DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1gb DDR3
Delta 1010LT audio interface OR MSI High Definition Audio Device (problem happens indepentent of which I use)

Games:
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Metroid Other M
Super Mario Galaxy

I have wiimotes and LLE driver (files dumped from my Wii).

I have also disabled threaded optimization in Nvidia control panel.
And disabled anti-virus (avast).

Please, anyone has any idea of what this might be?

Im surprised you even get that lol

2.66ghz is not nearly enough for playing wii, you need like 3.0ghz+ to get it at playable speeds, and like 3.5ghz+ for full speed.

I guess what you should do it go into your power settings and set min and max processor usage to 100% (should probably make a new power plan and name it gaming or something), also make sure turbo boost isnt disabled.

Then while playing, turbo boost should kick in and probably bump you to 3ghz which would be a little better fps.
use another recent revision we never know... r7533/r7540 for example
(06-04-2011, 10:46 AM)ashwalk Wrote: [ -> ]...
So now I decided to start playing again, downloaded most recent revision (7574), and the first one i tried (silent hill shattered memories) was fine for like 5 minutes, then it slowed to 50-75% - from this moment on, all games behave like this. I've tried all combinations of settings possible (even the non-recommended ones), no luck.

that sounds like overheating Big Grin
never cleaned your notebook fan?