Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC: Twilight Princess Severe Slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tails697

Hi. I am new to Dolphin and its forums but I have used emulators before and am fairly experienced with computers in general.

I have tried to run Twilight Princess for gamecube and even with performance configuration and all the setting recommended on the wiki I can't get more than 15 fps (in small areas, bigger areas drops to about 9fps.) using Direct3D9 even in native resolution. Even menus max at 25 fps! OpenGL has slightly better performance maybe 5fps more.

The thing is my computer is more than capable of running Dolphin:

Intel Quad Q8300 @2.5Ghz
6GB RAM
Radeon HD5770
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

So I can't figure for the life of me why the performance is so bad with this game. I will try another game asap to see if I have more problems.
tell us your settings
(06-03-2011, 08:57 PM)tails697 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I am new to Dolphin and its forums but I have used emulators before and am fairly experienced with computers in general.

I have tried to run Twilight Princess for gamecube and even with performance configuration and all the setting recommended on the wiki I can't get more than 15 fps (in small areas, bigger areas drops to about 9fps.) using Direct3D9 even in native resolution. Even menus max at 25 fps! OpenGL has slightly better performance maybe 5fps more.

The thing is my computer is more than capable of running Dolphin:

Intel Quad Q8300 @2.5Ghz
6GB RAM
Radeon HD5770
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

So I can't figure for the life of me why the performance is so bad with this game. I will try another game asap to see if I have more problems.

Well with a 2.5ghz processor you will not be running much at full speeds. You should be getting higher then you are though.

I have a 2.4ghz amd turian II x2 and for twilight princess (well atleast in the first town area, only really played for testing) i get like 20-28 FPS / 60-90% speed.
All settings are at defaults, i have render to main window and fog disabled, which do help a little with speed.
This is also with the latest build 7580.

If you have a 2.5ghz processor, youre doing it wrong lol

tails697

Well, surprisingly, I tried the Wii Version and am getting close to full speed, bar hyrule field and other large areas. I would have thought it would have been the GC version that would run better =S
(06-04-2011, 06:51 PM)tails697 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, surprisingly, I tried the Wii Version and am getting close to full speed, bar hyrule field and other large areas. I would have thought it would have been the GC version that would run better =S

It should Wink