Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: best setup for Metroid prime corruption?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya, first post. I wonder what revision is best to run metroid corruption and what settnings and such.

SUBQUESTION: My computer have slowdowns on most games, are the specs ok?

my specs are:
CPU:
Intel core i5 cpu 760

8 Gb ram
Grapfics card:
AMD radeon HD 6800
Hardrive:
2 TB hardrive
I have begun using revision 3356 and it seems to work but I cant seem to be able to connect my wiimote and that is a problem
3356??? the latest one is 75XX so you could try it there is a lot of progress Big Grin for Metroid games look at "official game thread index" in "game discussion" part it will help you
it was the one that was said to work the best. will try the new one. Other question what about the specs?, i guess they check out but I want confirmation.
try rev 6505its one of the fastest allrounder
I'm using the exact same CPU and it's really great with Dolphin. I never even bothered OCing it, the Turbo Frequency feature does wonders.

As for your GPU, I'm not an expert but looking at it's specs it seems great. 8GB RAM is more than enough for Dolphin, and 2TB hardrive is obviously up to your own needs, but then again, Wii game dumps are ~4.7GB or so, you shouldn't have a problem.

About your slowdowns - most likely configuration issues or outdated software, but keep in mind that this emulator *is* demanding for great performance in higher resolutions
The Wiimote issue - again, most likely because of your outdated version.
update: now I am using the new version and that gives me an "communication error" that changes with the IR sensitivity,I will check the official threads.
i went to a symphony game concert last night and there was a metroid theme and now I really want to play corruption .