Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: any way to assign controller profiles to different games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry, new to dolphin... it looks like you could, somehow, but I'm not seeing it, or it just doesn't do it.

would make a cool addition if not!

giraffe11

(06-02-2011, 02:31 PM)00pontiac Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, new to dolphin... it looks like you could, somehow, but I'm not seeing it, or it just doesn't do it.

would make a cool addition if not!

Here you go, friend!
http://oi53.tinypic.com/eq337.jpg
Thank you very much Smile

I think I confused things there... I was trying to phrase it all in as few of words as possible, I probly shouldn't have done that.

What I want to do exactly is save a profile (Let's say Williams Pinball for example) that uses the keyboard instead of the Default controls. Ok, I've done that. Now when I load the Williams Pinball game the controller profile automatically loads with it (so I've assigned the Williams Pinball control Profile to the game of Williams Pinball).

Then I could go and set all my other games to use the Default Profile so that when they load they boot up with the Default controls. This way I could have custom controls for all the games without having to go into the controller configuration each time Smile

(06-02-2011, 04:05 PM)00pontiac Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much Smile

I think I confused things there... I was trying to phrase it all in as few of words as possible, I probly shouldn't have done that.

What I want to do exactly is save a profile (Let's say Williams Pinball for example) that uses the keyboard instead of the Default controls. Ok, I've done that. Now when I load the Williams Pinball game the controller profile automatically loads with it (so I've assigned the Williams Pinball control Profile to the game of Williams Pinball).

Then I could go and set all my other games to use the Default Profile so that when they load they boot up with the Default controls. This way I could have custom controls for all the games without having to go into the controller configuration each time Smile

use several Dolphins Big Grin
Dolphin 1 = config 1
Dolphin 2 = config 2
and so on...
ahh seriously? yeah that's a good way to do it. so Dolphin works well with it then, excellent.... I could have tried that first Smile

lazy solution but quite simple... Wink just annoying if you got 500 games and 500 configs Big GrinTongue