Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac os x compatibility thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok hi everyone here us mine question
So j sucesfully emulated dolphin on mine mac which has mac os and windows xp on the same mashine and j played resident evil 0 and remake on xp ( dolphin)
But when j found that dolphone runs also on mac j was very happy because j didnt have to have one more operetinh system just for playing resident from gc.
J have tried and the games on mac were very slow unplayable...
Are resident evil games playable under mac os on dolphine and can somebody linked here the best setup of dolphin for mac os and optimized gor resident evil.?
System requriments of macbook pro are 2.53ghz,4gb dd3 ram,250hdd,nvidia 9600+9400 card.
(05-31-2011, 10:55 PM)Tyrant Wrote: [ -> ]Ok hi everyone here us mine question
So j sucesfully emulated dolphin on mine mac which has mac os and windows xp on the same mashine and j played resident evil 0 and remake on xp ( dolphin)
But when j found that dolphone runs also on mac j was very happy because j didnt have to have one more operetinh system just for playing resident from gc.
J have tried and the games on mac were very slow unplayable...
Are resident evil games playable under mac os on dolphine and can somebody linked here the best setup of dolphin for mac os and optimized gor resident evil.?
System requriments of macbook pro are 2.53ghz,4gb dd3 ram,250hdd,nvidia 9600+9400 card.

your question is very hard to read/understand.

2.53ghz = RE will run slower. i have a 2.4ghz processor running win7 x64 and RE4 and i usually only get 60-70% speed. RE0 i believe should run better then RE4, but still all RE games have higher requirements then other games.

And im not sure about the mac version of dolphin, whether or not it is the same speed as the windows version or faster/slower.

maybe check out this thread. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...ident+evil
I have RE4 Wii Edition and RE Remake Wii version and they run perfectly on my i7 2.9mhz iMac 27".
I'm not 100% if that's what you're asking as it looks like you've spelled most words phonetically, but that's my guess.
We are not all americans you know there are other people on the world today...
English is not mine native language so I probably made mistakes when I was writing.

I will repeat again.

Is mac version of dolphin good as pc ?
Does dolphin version for mac os x runs resident evil series or dont ? because i tried last year and it did run the game , but at unplayable speed, it was to slow.
Or do I have to install windows xp on mine macbook using the bootcamp and then emulate dolphin and the games?
Thanks
(06-01-2011, 08:52 PM)Tyrant Wrote: [ -> ]We are not all americans you know there are other people on the world today...
English is not mine native language so I probably made mistakes when I was writing.

ummm... i know everyone in the world is not american.... and there are more people in the world who speak the english language then people in america (Canada, most all of Europe, Australia)...

and i kind of guessed your first language isnt english just by reading what you said, i was just letting you know i did not fully understand the entirety of the question, meaning my response might not be exactly what you are looking for...

(06-01-2011, 08:52 PM)Tyrant Wrote: [ -> ]I will repeat again.

Is mac version of dolphin good as pc ?
Does dolphin version for mac os x runs resident evil series or dont ? because i tried last year and it did run the game , but at unplayable speed, it was to slow.
Or do I have to install windows xp on mine macbook using the bootcamp and then emulate dolphin and the games?
Thanks

i gave you a link to best config settings for RE games (would apply to all versions of dolphin), so why dont you use them and try it on both? i dont think people sit here testing each game for best speed on windows, mac and linux...

From the sounds of it, you already have windows xp installed on your computer? so you really cant take a few secs to download dolphin and try running the game on both mac and xp to see which is better for you?
Well not so thrue...in europa only england and scotland and irish people use english as native,everyone else( which is around 70%) use other language for speaking and writing.
We are wasting energy for speaking about this things,you clearly dont understand me or I canot explain to you.
I really dont think I was that unclear.
now at home I dont have any kind of computer(I am sending all of this from mobile phone) so I am asking for information of how far did it get with the mac os dolphin version. Is it better then the year before or two year before?Can it run resident ? On mac?
your "hardware" is not fast enough to emulate at 100%
(06-02-2011, 09:05 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]your "hardware" is not fast enough to emulate at 100%

LOLTongue

SpaceDustTeapot

So its slower in Mac os X then in Windows?
Are you using the same settings in Mac os X as well has Windows?
are you using the DirectX9 in Windows?
what happens in OpenGL on Windows is it the same has Mac os x?
(06-05-2011, 05:02 AM)SpaceDustTeapot Wrote: [ -> ]So its slower in Mac os X then in Windows?
Are you using the same settings in Mac os X as well has Windows?
are you using the DirectX9 in Windows?
what happens in OpenGL on Windows is it the same has Mac os x?

Thanks to god !!!somebody understand me Smile
1)yes
2) maybe the setings in windows version were custom made for optimazing resident evil remake titles
3)yes
4)I dont remember but i belive i didnt have so much optimazing in mac os x,but i tried a lot of stuff and everytime everything runs great until the actuel playing start(in mac os x(sl))
I remember i didnt install anything except dolphin on mac os. But in windows version i had a lot of stuff to install beside dolphin,but i always thought it was the xp needs because its runing on mac?
Pages: 1 2